Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Waiting to lose!

1. TheNewKevin
    TheNewKevin
    This is the only group I can complain to …

I've got my first full day of meetings with lab, cardiology, radiology, surgeon on August 7th. I’m barely a 35 BMI with co-morbidities (5’11”, 251), so I'm very hesitant to lose weight until I’m approved. I feel I could drop 25 or 30 fairly quickly “myself”, but I think that would disqualify me for the sleeve, which I'm hoping will assist me in dropping 100.

So, I'm waiting to lose weight!

2. leslievg36
    leslievg36
    Are you having surgery on us or mexico?
  3. Newme2013
    Newme2013
    Sounds like you are having surgery in the US. This would not be an issue in Mexico. My bmi was under 33 when I had my surgery in Mexico
  4. CidCherise
    CidCherise
    My BMI was under 33 at 5' 6" and I had my surgery in Cincinnati (UC Medical Weight Loss Center with Dr. Brad Watkins). I did have 1 co-morbidity and could show the surgeon years of dieting rollercoasters. He put me on a liquid diet 2 weeks prior to surgery. I weighed 214 on my first day of liquid diet, 196 day of surgery and today I'm at 180 (surgery was May 22). I paid $7500 for everything (pre surgery qualifications, doctor's appointments, surgery, hospital stay, post op visits, etc). You don't always have to go to Mexico if you do your research. Good luck!
  5. TheNewKevin
    TheNewKevin
    Hi - thanks for the responses, I haven't checked in in a bit. I'm hoping to get sleeved in Cleveland, AND to have insurance pay. I've got a documented roller coaster ride with peaks over 35 BMI, but don't want to push my luck with insurance approval by showing up with BMI below 35.
  6. Skinnyme0812
    Skinnyme0812
    I'm in the exact same predicament! I would either need to gain weight for insurance to pay or they are desperately trying to find a co-morbidity. I want to start losing weight today but until I am approved, I feel "obligated" to stay at this weight. Did you ever get the sleeve?
  7. Everette985
    Everette985
    Forget that! Going to Mexico.... My BMI is 33. I am 5-10 /231pds. I am on the pre op at the moment. But in the states they want so much. I'm a kinda here's the money give me what I want type of guy.
  8. Never2soon
    Never2soon
    Cidcherise,
    What was the process for having your surgery at UC? How did you find out about them?