Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Feeling...Overwhelmed.

1. Kimpossible318
    Kimpossible318
    I'm sure I'm like everyone else on here in that I've tried countless "diets". I can't even tell you how many times I've restarted at Weight Watchers. Back in July 2009 I started a South Beach Journey which lead to a running journey which helped me lose 106 lbs. I was at the lowest weight I had been at since I was in 9th grade. Then...October 2010 happened. Injury. Then May 2011 happened. Relationship woes. Then July 2011 happened. Work stress. As you can imagine...all my 106 lbs along with another 25-30 lbs lead me to my highest weight ever. I fluctuate somewhere around 340-350 lbs. I'm so uncomfortable and I long for that awesome feeling when I can get out of bed with a spring in my step...when all my clothes either fit or are too loose...when I get tons of compliments for my achievements...when I feel...happy. I am starting my new journey on Sept 16th much to the dismay of my family. They are not happy with my decision, though in the end I know they will support it. My mind keeps going to the whole "how fast will I be able to lose the first 50, second 50, third 50 lbs" place instead of just being excited to start somewhere and take it day by day. If you have been sleeved and felt this way or if you are going to be sleeved soon and this sounds familiar, how do we break this mentality and focus on just following our diet program, getting exercise, and just being thankful for this opportunity to assist us to making our goals?
  2. whistlerpotpie
    whistlerpotpie
    I'm not an alcoholic, but my therapist suggested reading some of the tenants of AA - especially "One Day at a Time." It's so hard for me not to set big goals when I have so much to lose, but all I can do is lose it one day at a time. I try to think of this every time I get stressed about the enormity of the task that lies ahead.
  3. Kimpossible318
    Kimpossible318
    That is such wonderful advice! I decided to put to the side my big giant goals (run a full marathon / have a baby / etc) and create smaller goals that will be a true reflections of my progress as I lose....simple things such as dropping a size (one size at a time) and being able to walk a mile faster or going further in the same time it one upon a time took me to walk that one mile. =)
  4. lg91077
    lg91077
    I feel so similar, Kim. I'm currently awaiting my insurance approval and I will be getting my surgery date shortly. I too have lost a ton of weight (on WW a bunch of times too) and gained it all back (and then some) - much like many people in our similar positions. I do the same thing and think too far ahead to the finish line, rather than focus on the fact that this will be a "one day at a time" proposition - HOWEVER, I do think that in order to stay in the right mind frame we HAVE to keep our eye on the big prize at the end as well. Good luck to you on September 16th!
  5. Kimpossible318
    Kimpossible318
    I'm so glad to know I'm not alone! Good luck in getting your date!!! =)
  6. jtaylorcrazy
    jtaylorcrazy
    Kim, in my life I've lost over 120lbs three separate times, only to gain it all back and then some. I have to work on continuing to try to live healthy, not feeling like the work is done when I reach goal and start the same old habits again.