Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Loose skin!

1. Nervia
    Nervia
    I realize that losing weight will be an improvement in more ways than not, but I still dread the loose skin. I'm 60 and fear all the elasticity has left this skin! I lost 65 lbs about 10 years ago and it was not pretty. And that time I was not starting where I am today...
  2. Kimpossible318
    Kimpossible318
    Yes, I think that's what we all dread/fear. I guess the important thing is going to be that we "do our part" in making sure we exercise in an attempt to minimize it. I am way more of a cardio girl than the lifting and all that jazz. Maybe a personal trainer? Maybe start saving for skin removal surgery? Will your insurance company cover? I haven't asked mine yet because I kind of figure I don't want the answer. Maybe research what vitamins and/or creams you can use to help also?
  3. chellebelle
    chellebelle
    This is a concern of mine too. At least we can look nice in our clothes. and I will be so happy not to get short of breath when I talk and fit into chairs and roller coasters again. I just try not to think about the negative things as much as all the positives changes that will be happening to me.
  4. RedSonya
    RedSonya
    I worry about it for sure... but like chellebelle said, I look forward to the positive. I am planning to have the skin surgery if it is too bad. I am hoping that my insurance will step up. If not, ill do it anyway. Lol
  5. purplhouse
    purplhouse
    I'm resigned to it and already saving for a skin-job when I reach my goal. In the meantime, I use skin-firming lotion twice a day, which I started as soon as I decided to do WLS, even before I had the money. I've never been a girly girl, so it's been a difficult habit to cultivate, but I can already see the benefits.
  6. Nervia
    Nervia
    I must have been "feeling some kind of way" the day I posted this thread. As long as I look good in my clothes and can run up/down the stairs, I'm going to be fine! I have checked out some compression tops/bottoms and figure I have it covered. Oh, I am uninsured, and totally self pay, so probably won't be doing plastics...
  7. CarriD
    CarriD
    I am already seeing it at only 55 lbs down and I am not a happy camper (although I knew it was coming reality has set in) I can say however if I had to chose between the extra unfilled me and the fact that I already feel better just walking without feeling like I am about to pass out.. I'd chose the weight loss anyday!
  8. jtaylorcrazy
    jtaylorcrazy
    I know that I'll have the same prob. I wonder if I do get to my goal, will it be worth it to have the skin surgery at my age. I'm the only one looking at it. Also, what is the name of the skin-firming lotion you use and do you really notice a difference?