Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery now done!

1. Tubbynomore
    Tubbynomore
    Everything went really well. Dr. Kelly was great and the staff at Nova Hospital very good as well. Have been able to find English speaking staff no problem. As everyone else states the hard part is the gas pains. Gases strips have helped a bit and walking. Never thought I would brag about passing gas but let me tell you... It feels great, the burps hurt though. Didn't sleep well last night because of it but it's already getting better. Surgery area feels ok, feels like I have been attempting too many crunches. I will be here one more night then to the hotel for 2 nights. Thanks to those that had suggested the heating pad as it has been quite helpful. Can't wait to get ice chips or a few sips of water. Despite the IV keeping me hydrated it will be nice to have the wet cold take the dry mouth away. I will check back and let you know how things are going. Super excited to meet the revamped me. I know I deserve it and I can't wait!
  2. Ang50
    Ang50
    Congratulations. Now you are going to start counting your liquids and protein. And life will get better every day.
  3. Tubbynomore
    Tubbynomore
    Well it has been nearly one week since my surgery and I am feeling pretty good. The gas pain gets better each day. Walking helps a great deal. I am on clear liquids until tomorrow then I can start my protein shakes and yogurt. Looking forward to it as my energy level sucks right now. I am back to work tomorrow so I will need the energy. The one thing I have noticed is I always seem to have an after taste in my mouth. Not really pleasant and I hope it goes away soon. On my way!