Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Guess what happen on the way into the house tonight?

1. trhaye3
    trhaye3
    I was so ready to be home. I saw my good neighbor. We hardly ever see eachother, our schedules are so different. I stopped and said hey neighbor, and we had the how are yous and such. I told her I was so ready to be home she said she was glad to be home too. I said, well go in and have a wonderful evening. I backed in to the driveway and as I was getting my stuff out of the car and walking it into the house I could see my neighbor walking up her driveway toward the mailbox, but then she passed it and started coming toward me. I stopped and looked up and she said "have you had your surgery yet"? The story behind this question is back in August when I was just starting to research the sleeve I told her about it, why tell her about it you may ask, because only a handful of people know and she is one of them. I told her because we are in the same boat and we ,well I should say she is gaining water so to speak. Back in August we were both saying we were at our highest weight and we needed to do something about it. She is heavier now than back in August! I have not seen her this heavy ever! I have known her for 10 years now. After that question, I said, no, not yet,I am in the insurance phase right now just waiting for word back, it is set for the first week in March. She said, well if you need anything and I am home just let me know I will come over and help in anyway I can. I was thinking how nice of her, until she said "weeeelllll I wouldn't do it if I were you", I smiled, She said I have this friend that..... which she told me about back in August. I did not even let her get the whole story out again. I said, well I have heard really great things about it and as she started to put her fears off on me again, I said, Naaah, I'm gonna have it, I know too many good things to turn back now. She just laughed and went in which is what she usually does when she knows my mind is made up. We have not spoken a word about the sleeve since August..... this thing must really be on her mind to talk to me out of the blue like that. I am doing this surgery just as much for her and my husband as I am for the me. And we all are because the people around us are afraid of the results,the surgery,the lifestyle changes they would have to decide to make, to take that step. We are not, we may be their only chance to get out of this trap. So let's all be successful and work these sleeeves, people are watching. God Bless you all, and thanks for reading.
  2. tracke38
    tracke38
    I am sorry that after a long day/week that you were confronted with a negative mindset. It's OK, but this should tell your neighbor that you are determined to make positive changes in your life...so that you can LIVE! Maybe you will be the blessing that she doesn't expect. Once she sees your progress and continued determination, this might be the catalist to encourage her to look into making some changes of her own. Maybe at a later date, you two can consider walking in the evenings with the weather gets better. Keep your head up! You have a winning team who offers you support, and wants only the best for you.
  3. GastricSleeve4MRC
    GastricSleeve4MRC
    I posted this in your other forum but Ill re-post my answer**I had this EXACT same situation..EVERYONE had a damn opinion and in MY OPINION it's jealousy. Its always someone else with a weight problem telling you "I wouldn't do that if I were you" blah, blah, blah...Please recognize this for what it is and you really just have to "shake the haters" off. They will slow down your entire frame of mind. I have this lady at work that cant STOP telling me about how she knows a lady who did terrible, gained it all back, blah, blah, fricking blah...it drives me Nuts and I have just learned to ignore her. Now that I'm 11 days post op shes texting me daily "how much have you lost", "how much have you lost"....ignore these people. I promise you they are FAR more worried about you looking better than them than they are about your health and welfare!! Ps. Recovery is the damn pits but by day 6 you will feel better. When you wake up feeling like pure-o-D CRAP don't regret your decision you'll feel better by day 6 or so!
  4. Aneved
    Aneved
    To each his/her own. Do what's best for u & your health. I started back at work this week & yes there are haters. This is the many reason I did not advertise that I was going to have this surgery. I'm not ashamed, but being overweight my whe life is nothing easy as we all know. Most congratulated me on the "change" they see in me & asked what I'm doing. I simply say, "I changed my eating habits, & trying to exercise." I'm not lying it's the truth. People who go around getting plastic surgery don't advertise "I had a new nose..." The bottom line is, it's none of their business. At the end of the day, it's your life.
  5. trhaye3
    trhaye3
    I feel like Aneved. I have not advertised it because it is my body my life, My husband is afraid for me but I hope he is secretly hoping it works for me and it will, so that he can feel confident in having it done at a later date himself. I hope so, I love my husband and I want him to live and without the HBP and the pending stroke in his future. My best girlfriend says she supports me but I cannot talk to her like I am blogging with you all. The last time my excitement came out around her she said, I don't think you need to do it, you can lose it on your own. But I support you. Really? I love my friend and I will take what I can get as far as support is concerned. I don't speak much about it to her. We were getting real one conversation, and I was kinda pushing her to get it done with me. She said, if I get this surgery and I don't lose or I lose and gain it back or if I cannot get the plastic surgery after that I am going to need It would mess me up. Her relationship with food has been on going all her life and that is a hard man to leave. It is not easy for us either, I have just had to say to myself what is more important? I am hoping the joint pain will get bad enough that she will consider it. Her Dr. had been on her for a while so she changed Drs. She is just not in the frame of mind to hear it. I don't know, that's my girl though. For all of you who read this and who pray please take my friend to the alter and remember her in prayer. She really needs it, she is suffering needlessly. Be blessed. Thanks Family
  6. fluffynomore
    fluffynomore
    I also kept it private because it's no one business. I shared with only a few loved ones who are very supportive.
  7. Fungirl77
    Fungirl77
    I have not told a lot people either because I don't want everybody freaking me out about going to mexico. I have told a few ppl in my family and a few ppl at work. I am already scared but I know that this is the best for me because I have struggled with being a big girl for long enough. I want to feel good and look good. Right now I don't have that and haven't felt that in a while. I am looking forward to 4-4-14 for the first day to my new life and boy come summer I am going to be right......I am sure I am not going to loose that much by then however it will be enough to get in my old clothes that I use to wear when I did feel at least alright with my self. So yes I agree shake the haters off and do you.......I am so happy for this site to be able to link up with others in the same boat as me. Thank you and good luck to every one and good job to ones that have already did it.!!!!
  8. apierson98@aol.com
    apierson98@aol.com
    I love this group. Every time I have second thoughts, I read a few of your posts and I get excited again. I need to do this for my health. Over the past month I have been diagnosed with diabetes, fatty liver, Gerd, and a hiatal hernia. I know all if this is related to my terrible eating habits. I look forward to a healthier lifestyle. I haven't told my family or friends about my decision to have the sleeve because I do not want to hear their fears. I think after week 2 I will let them know. In my family Memorial Day is normally celebrated by going to someone's house for a BBQ. I hope by then I will have lost enough weight that I will encourage at least one other person to have the surgery. Who knows, our testimonies may save a life , so please do not stop sharing your experiences. You all have definitely encouraged me to move forward with the sleeve.

Thanks everyone!!