Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

not cleared to exercise yet and need motivation just to get moving

1. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    Im a month out and I haven't been cleared to do any exercise other than walking. I live in a pretty unsafe neighborhood so going outside to walk is out of the question plus the weather has been pretty unpredictable as well. I don't have any motivation to walk and when I do walk its in the store shopping however I can only last 5 min before my back hurts and knee hurts. I can do longer but involves a lot of stop and go. I was in a gym but had to cancel my membership due to the cost and the fact im on a limited income currently. I don't work due to my heart problem so that is a factor as well. I have depression already which has became worse after surgery I did move up my psychiatrist appt to see if he can increase my antidepressant. All I can do is just sit and watch tv most of the day. Cleaning my house is a chore which it still needs cleaned from before my surgery in feburary. I am currently in therapy as well. Plus since im on soild food it seems like im hungry all the time I not sure if its mental hunger or actually hunger. Ive been trying to get with my nut since the papers I have doesn't really tell portion sizes or anything like that just what food I can have. She did call but low and behold I was in my therapist appt when she called. Im at my wits end especially that im craving carbs. Im doing good just to get my protein and water in at this point. I haven't had any fruit except in smoothies and the only vegtable I can tolerate is green beans. Ive never been a vegtable eater anyway even pre surgery. Only ones I can tolerate even before surgery was green beans, sweet potatoes, corn, white potatoes, and salad mix. I don't eat red meat which is a plus just seafood and poltury at least. I have became somewhat lactose intolerant since surgery I can eat cheese, yogurt but not milk so im drinking generic lactaid milk. Luckly it has a longer expiration date than regular skim milk ive drank since I was a kid. don't really know what to do as ive already lost 23 lbs and im scared to death that ill gain the weight back. My husband likes to eat out all the time even though he knows I cannot. but I end up giving in a searching the menu for something that I can at least tolerate and have. He is having gall bladder surgery in 2 weeks so im praying its the end of his eating out habit. He isn't overweight but an uncontrolled type 2 diabetic and that is what caused my cardiac issues originially . I find that im in my old habit of constantly thinking about food regardless if im reading a book or doing anything to take my mind off food. It wasn't this bad when I was on soft stuff but since I progresses to semi soft soild food and solids its worse. Sorry to be so lengthy but I had to vent tonight. I hope im not alone in what is happening
  2. Aquajog
    Aquajog
    Try to do some chair excercises. There are some online .
    My husband loves to eat out and we still do so more than we should .sometimes I share his meal or we both order the smaller senior portions and I pick a few things from mine a d he finished it.
    My dietitian told me to get a clear 4 oz measuring glass . Walmart has the for about a buck.. I am to measure 3 oz meat (protein( 2 oz fruits or veggies . That is what will fit I. My sleeve . Always eat the protein first ..tha. Fruit or veggie .. Stop When You fill full.. Stop drinking fluids 10 minutes before your first bit .. And wait an hour after you eat to drink again
  3. Kathysangels
    Kathysangels
    I am so sorry that you are having such a rough time.
    This is a change for all of us and the details such as what kind, how much and worries about getting enough food wise and liquid wise are all strains on our minds and emotions.
    In addition, I am sure that a lot of us have failed in the past, and that is one of the things I also fear, that I will fail at this as well.
    I met with my dietitian and psychologist yesterday and both felt I am doing well - just tweaked a few things - but that doesn't make the fears and concerns go away.
    We didn't gain weight without an unhealthy look at food and while the sleeve helps, it doesn't take away these worries and concerns. We need to all remember that this is just a part of the process. I am at a stall (3 weeks so far) on top of it so it is harder to stay positive. However, as long as we keep doing what we are supposed to do we will win the game this time.
    It is good that we have a place to vent our frustrations - keep in mind that those who are reading these posts from you are probably either going through what you are or are have already "been there, done that".
    I will keep a prayer in my heart that things will go better for you in a real short time. Please know we are here and you are not alone.
    Hugs,
    Kathy