Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hey (:

1. Necie
    Necie
    I am so glad to see that there are some people on her from Alabama!! I am new to this and was just wondering how y'all's experience has been so far??
  2. Rachel Atchley
    Rachel Atchley
    Hello, My name is Rachel. I live in Arab, AL south of Huntsville. I'm getting my sleeve (hopefully) Jan 13, 2012. So far just trying to get myself geared up and educated on this surgery so i know what to expect. I'm ready and nervous. Can't wait till Jan.
  3. Necie
    Necie
    That's awesome! January is gonna get here quicker than you know it! I live near Gulf Shores. Where are you planning on going for your surgery?
  4. Rachel Atchley
    Rachel Atchley
    I'm having it here in Marshall Co at Marshall Medical Center North. Dr. Britt is my surgeon. He's the one who introduced this procedure to me. He is a general surgeon with a specialty in Weight loss surgery. He's been awarded with the best WLS surgeon in Alabama for the last few years. I'm excited but also kinda scared b/c I have a property that is closing in Dec. I'm waiting on that will decide if I will get my surgery or not. Just praying it all works out b/c I've been waiting for 2 yrs.
  5. steph427
    steph427
    Glad I found this Alabama link too...I am scheduled for my vsg surgery on Tuesday, 10/11/11. I will keep y'all posted on it, so you will know how things are going. I also have a blog at myvsgjourney.wordpress.com if you want to follow there. I tend to update it more frequently. Best of luck to you all! I am in the Montgomery area, but having my surgery in B'ham.
  6. CarrieNita
    CarrieNita
    Hey everyone...I am Carrie and I live in Centre. I am attending my first seminar in Trussville tomorrow. I have done a lot of research and I am very very ready to get started on this unbelievable journey.
  7. coop
    coop
    Hello, having the sleeve 11-23-11. A little scared, but have committed to change and this will be the only way for me to do that. Dr. Scott Pennington comes highly regarded, and is a spriritual man. Hope it all goes well! Will post results. Good luck to everyone! ROLL TIDE!!
  8. sbmowery
    sbmowery
    Hi group.. I live in Auburn, AL. So, coop, be careful with the ROLL TIDE. LOL. Especially after this weekend. It will be a sore subject...LOL. I hope your surgery went well. Please keep us informed. GOOD LUCK!!!
    So,I am so ready to get my life on track and begin this journey. I have had some medical issues and have the family history for many many more. I want to get this under control now and keep my future kids from having to potentially lose their mom too soon, because of obesity and complications related from.
    One of the main reasons I am doing this is to help with my fertility. I want to start a family with my new husband and I want to be a healthy and happy momma so I can have a healthy and happy pregnancy and baby.
    I look forward to sharing this journey with you.
  9. N2DVN
    N2DVN
    Good Luck, SBMowery! I'm in the Bham area and will be having the sleeve on 1/24.
  10. WanMan
    WanMan
    Just saw this group and thought I would add myself to the list. I hope to have my surgery the end of April 1 st of May depending on the insurance approval. I do my last of the 7 physician supervised April 2 and the paperwork should go off soon after.
  11. tlwebb
    tlwebb
    So glad I found you guys! Nothing like southern caring to help folks through something like this. I'm scheduled on 5/14 and I'm having my sleeve done in Mexico...I'm so excited and wish it were tomorrow. I know several people that have had a gastric bypass and haven't really done well...they lost tons of weight but after about a year they were on the way back up again. Does anyone know anyone with the sleeve that this has happened to?
  12. sleeveinbama
    sleeveinbama
    I am new to this!! I have not had the sleeve yet! Just met with Dr. Andrew Dewitt in Birmingham on 4/6/2012!! Waiting to hear, when to go for my test, etc. How long does it take?
  13. Evie Sleevie
    Evie Sleevie
    Hi everyone! I live in Alexandria, which is near Anniston. I had the sleeve in Mexico with Dr. Kelly on 11/2/11, and I'm thrilled. Portion control has always been my biggest problem and the sleeve essentially solved that problem!

WAR EAGLE everyone!
  14. sleeveinbama
    sleeveinbama
    Ok Guys! I am having my Psychological Consultation next week, then my Physical Therapy Assessment and Nutritional assessment on the 22nd of may and meet with the Cardiologist on the 31st of May!! Can someone tell what to expect from these visits and how look will it take for me to get a final date for surgery!!
  15. bcmomof3
    bcmomof3
    My surgery date is the 20th with Dr. John Matthews out of Birmingham, AL. He is with Princeton. I am getting excited and nervous at the same time. Anyone else use Dr. Matthews?
  16. bttyhazel
    bttyhazel
    I am so glad I found the Alabama sleevers. I live in Talladega and just had the surgery on Oct. 18, 2012. Best thing I ever did..
  17. bttyhazel
    bttyhazel
    I am so glad I found the Alabama sleevers. I live in Talladega and just had the surgery on Oct. 18, 2012. Best thing I ever did..
  18. Cathys12006
    Cathys12006
    I was beginning to think I was the only one from Alabama...lol
  19. gudgrlal
    gudgrlal
    Hi all! I'm new and I live in Oneonta (an hour north of Birmingham). I'm so excited to see other Alabamians on here! It helps, somehow, ya know?! Congrats to everyone that has had the surgery or is scheduled. I should hear as of Wednesday what my surgery date will be. My surgeon will be Dr. Schmitt at St. Vincent's East in Birmingham. If anyone on here has any stories about the clear liquid diet that is pre-op, I'd like to hear them (that's my next step, I believe) Thanks, ya'll!
  20. Lynda Lyle
    Lynda Lyle
    Hello....I am Lynda, from Gardendale. I had my surgery on 12/12/12!!! Figured that had to be a lucky day. I NEVER had pain and NEVER felt bad. Just kind of getting used to what I can eat. Sweet stuff tastes REALLY sweet and gets yucky. Broth from chicken soup at Chik-fila is really good. Best thing I have ever done for my health. I had Dr. Touliatos at Trinity and he was amazing.
  21. jennybeck
    jennybeck
    Hi all! My name is Jennifer. I am from Jasper. I am a patient of Dr. Miles at St. Vincent's East. Dr. Miles is wonderful! Dr. Miles banded me with the Realize Band in April of 2009. Unfortunately it hasn't worked out so well. I will be having a band to sleeve revision on 01/09/2013. I start my liquid pre op diet on 01/02/2012. My high weight before the band was 272. I am currently at 210. My goal is 140. I am getting a little nervous about the revision but given the reflux and continuous vomiting something has got to give!! Nice to meet others here from Alabama!1
  22. Dianemix
    Dianemix
    Hi I'm from Mobile. I am considering having my surgery done @USA Med Ctr with Dr Richards . Has anyone heard anything positive or Neg. I am self pay and the fee is reasonable there
  23. missi-smiles
    missi-smiles
    Hey Im from Hanceville. Im in my 6 month medically supervised diet now. Dr Schmitt of St Vincents East will be doing my surgery. I weigh 240 - goal is 165 -good luck to everyone and Im praying for yall !! Nice to meet you all
  24. Dianemix
    Dianemix
    Hey. Nice to see u here
  25. fm67
    fm67
    Frank from Huntsville here. Was just sleeved yesterday.
  26. LadyGreensleeves
    LadyGreensleeves
    Hi! I am from Jacksonville, AL. Just sleeved Friday, 2/7/2014 by Dr. George I. Crawford at RMC Anniston. Anyone else used Dr. Crawford?
  27. Kiki43
    Kiki43
    Hi y'all! I'm from Huntsville and just got approved yesterday by BCBS for the sleeve. Surgery will be in Birmingham with Dr. Andrew DeWitt....I am so excited! Would love to hear how some of you are doing so far and what to expect immediately after surgery. I've done tons of research, but I always like to hear personal experiences.
  28. southernchick
    southernchick
    hi PHENIX CITY checking in
  29. donna1743
    donna1743
    Hi, I from Athens,Al . I had my surgery on 1/8/2014. Now 11 weeks later I am 31lb down. God bless everyone