Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Need to talk to recent sleevers!

1. bailey1987
    bailey1987
    I am in my last phase of the insurance requirements. I hope to get a consult date with the surgeon real soon and then get the go ahead for the surgery. I have lap band and it will be removed, then the sleeve. I am a little nervous because I have a friend who had the surgery in December 2013 and she still can't keep anything down. Luckily I am retired so I dont have to worry about a job. I did not have any problems when I had lap band surgery.
  2. MissBee
    MissBee
    Stay positive then every thing will be ok!
  3. kgguess210
    kgguess210
    I've recently received the sleeve on feb. 18th. As of right now I am on soft foods anything I can cut with a food. I am able to keep everything I eat down. you need to learn when your stomach is full. Be positive and you will learn your body. I am still learning mine.
  4. Wrightone111
    Wrightone111
    I agree with MissBee, stay positive. Everyone's experience is their own and you might have no issues at all.

I was sleeved in early January and have had no issues at all. I'm down 49 lbs so far. I like variety and have tried lots of different foods. The only things I'm still restricted from eating at this point are rice, pasta and beef (ground beef is ok). But you definitely do need to watch your portions because if you do overeat or eat too fast, you run the risk of bringing your food back up. I've been lucky not to have done that but I've been quite uncomfortable when I went too far and ate more than I should have.
  5. bailey1987
    bailey1987
    Thanks for the support!

I will keep everyone posted as I get closer to my surgery date.
  6. tracke38
    tracke38
    Hang in there! Just deal with it as it comes, we all respond differently.
  7. khadejah
    khadejah
    to Wrightone: how can you tell when you are full to avoid eating too much? Do you actually feel full most of the time or is that just a myth? I am worried because I have the lap band now and seriously considering the sleeve but want to avoid all of the snacking and habit eating I do and worry if sleeve will prevent this.