Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Well I guess I'm out :(

1. Mammarazzi76
    Mammarazzi76
    I received my date of the 31st then yesterday my surgeons office called to tell me they made a huge mistake and they don't accept my insurance and I would have to move to another dr!!! I am devastated !!! Apparently when I told them I had BCBS federal they didn't realize it was federal. I freaking loved this dr and even the staff. The woman was apologizing like crazy, when my husband called there to try and help me gain some clarity, she told him she was upset all weekend over this and would do anything she can to move it along with another dr. The worst part is that I was told I didn't need a prediet and now they said yes my insurance indeed requires a three month supervised prediet so upset and deflated right now.
    We are going on a cruise with our entire family. For us, it's possibly a once in a lifetime trip since our inlaws are paying for everything. I am the only overweight one out of our group and I was really looking forward to dropping a chunk of weight before the trip in July, now it will be that much harder!
  2. mrsjoe
    mrsjoe
    I'm so sorry this happened. It must be devastating. The only positive I can see is that cruises are all about eating, and you will be able to enjoy some huge awesome meals before having to go on a pre-op diet and drop down to eating almost nothing.

Where did you find out about the three month diet? If this doctor's office isn't exactly on the ball with other stuff, maybe they are wrong about that?
  3. Mammarazzi76
    Mammarazzi76
    It was the new doctors office that informed me but I also called the insurance company to confirm it. I didn't call them with the first dr because they were so sure they knew all the requirements by my insurance. I guess that was my mistake
  4. Redwards
    Redwards
    If you end up doing self pay, you may want to look into Medical Tourism.

My wife and I will both get sleeves in Tijuana in 48 hours from now.

Total cost for both is $8400

There's a deal on ***************** for $3699, but I like my hospital/doctor a little better.
  5. Mammarazzi76
    Mammarazzi76
    No, my insurance covers it but not with this dr and not before a three month diet so I went from my surgery being 14 days away to over three months away now.
  6. absherkathy
    absherkathy
    Dont give up so sorry to hear this news. I had somewhat a similar situation last year. They knew i did not qualify but they still had me go through everything and i got denied. I have ended up paying for it on my own. Figured if i pay i will be more likely to take it seriously. Well I used Carecredit card with high interest rate. But i figure I am worth the price of a used vehicle 13,500.00
  7. Mammarazzi76
    Mammarazzi76
    Mind if I ask why you were denied???
  8. Mammarazzi76
    Mammarazzi76
    Well after a day of wallowing in misery and a few crying episodes, I decided to just keep pushing on to still get this done as fast as possible. I went to my GP with the three forms for the three month prediet and she agreed ( after I offered to buy her coffee for a week and wash her car and rub her feet lol) to fill all three out based on visits to their office from dec, February and march. I am soooooo hoping the insurance company will accept it.
  9. mrsjoe
    mrsjoe
    Fingers Crossed! Keep us posted!