Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Denied

1. Chatty Kathy
    Chatty Kathy
    Just received word that I am "DENIED" I guess I do not meet the BC/BS statistics to have this operation. I have a BMI of 40 and high blood pressure. I am only 5"2 and weighed 220 at the start. I just spent the last three months totally consumed about attending my classes, going to nutritionist, losing my 5% and now this Bull. I am at work right now and feel like having a good cry but cant. They tell me to appeal and a decision will be made in 30 days. If they wanted me to have the surgery in the first place I would not have been denied. Is appealing this a waste of time? I was angry at the center for weight management that took me in. Why did they accept me into the program if I do not qualify?
  2. MBL
    MBL
    Appeal, appeal, appeal. Do not drop below 40 BMI in the meantime. Insurances save money if they can find the slightest reason to deny. They count on people giving up. Stay strong, appeal and read in your denial exactly why they said no. Good luck!
  3. kimmysmitt
    kimmysmitt
    Most definitely appeal it!!! Same thing happened to me! I was about five pounds heavier... My doctor called me said I didn't qualify, I had to be on two medications. My doctor said no worries he will just put me on another high blood pressure medicine . Then I qualified ... I had my surgery in South Sac Kaiser on March 13th. Talked to your doctor he knows what he can do. Good luck' I know how you feel im so sorry.. I too got that call at work,'wanted to cry my eyes out. Don't give up sweetie ...'saying prayer for you