Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Chest Tightness

1. newclear
    newclear
    I'm 4 days post op and woke up to my chest feeling a little tight (mildly uncomfortable), but I'm otherwise very well. With a bit of training on the incentive spirometer and deep breathing as I remember, I find it feels a lot better. Has anyone else experienced this?
  2. kendraavant_ortiz
    kendraavant_ortiz
    I'm told it's common due to the air built up after surgery but nothing a little maalox can't handle. My pain was concentrated in my left shoulder but it's gone and have not returned since the maalox.
  3. kimmysmitt
    kimmysmitt
    Yes I had the same problem. I was told it was gas ,'the air they had pumped into me during surgery. It went away about the 4th day after surgery. I feel pretty good had my surgery on the 13th. I'm very weak still hard to walk, I just take small walks, my back hurts to. Wish this would go away....
  4. stephb83
    stephb83
    I'm 5 days post op and I'm experiencing the same thing. The doctor told me it was gas in your chest and as bad as it sounds, to keep burping and passing gas as much as you can. It honestly helps. I've also used the chewable gasx tablets