Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hungry or Overful.

1. mxc2sls
    mxc2sls
    I am 9 weeks post op and I average 1/4 C. per meal. I am either hungry or overfull. Any advise ?
  2. patjones
    patjones
    tryu to exercise it helps to forget about food after exercise u will then know if you are really hungry
  3. amayzme
    amayzme
    It takes awhile to get reaquainted with our new tummies. sometimes dehydration feels like hunger. also solids foods will fill you faster and longer than soft or pureed food . keep a weeks journal...you'll see what works and what doesn't. hope this helps.
  4. Magwe
    Magwe
    I'm 3 months out. No 1, take an acid reducer if you aren't...what might feel like hunger could be acid. I also found I need a midmorning snack and a midafternoon snack to keep the hungries away. I like those applesauce cups or some cut up veggies like carrots and celery. I also learned to slow down my eating and chew well. But over time things have settled down. I feel sick if I eat more than I should. I can eat about 1/2 cup for a meal now. And if I eat starches instead of protein my weight loss comes to a halt. Good luck with it all...you will learn what works best for you. OH, they say to not drink before, during, or after a meal. This is so true. I had an episode of dumping syndrome the other day when I had a cup of coffee with my meal.
  5. Blackbry63
    Blackbry63
    Yes I agree with the previous poster, check with your doctor about an acid reducer. I was prescribed a Proton Pump Inhibitor or acid reducer (Prevacid) from the day I left the hospital. Personally, I have never felt hunger since being sleeved, which made things so much easier. I had to take this medicine for the 1st six months post surgery. Since I still have my gall bladder I also had to take a medication call URSO for the first 6 months. Its seems a lot of bariatric surgery patients have issues with their gall bladders post surgery. Its standard procedure for my doctor to prescribe the Urso as well for the first 6 months post op. The Urso has an acid blocking affect as well per the label. The only thing I can say about my stomach, pouch, sleeve, whatever you prefer to call it, is it is so noisy. My stomach makes this noise that reminds me of the "DROID" tone on most android cell phones, I can hear the sound but I don't actually feel anything. I go was that my stomach or do I have an alert on my phone, I can never tell which one it is. LOL The sleeve surgery was the best decision I've ever made. This site/forum is great and full of helpful advice and supportive people. Best of luck in your journey.