Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Insurance still pending-Surgery date scheduled for March 24th

1. Chatty Kathy
    Chatty Kathy
    I have to vent because I am so mad I could scream. I have surgery scheduled for March24th. Today was my sleeve surgery class and I was to go to pre-op appt. While at my class the insurance advocate tells me that BC/BS has put my case as pending review. Apparently my BMI was only 39.1. The reason that is because they wrote down my height wrong!!! My height is 5ft 2 and they have me at 5ft 3. My BMI should be noted at 40. To say I am so upset today is an understatement. I have attended every class for three months, went to every group, doctors appointments, test etc. Now my approval is hanging in limbo because the office made a mistake. Talked to the insurance rep and pleaded with her to please call them TODAY and let them know to change my chart. She said she would get to it later today. Ughhhh We'll see what happens now. I cannot stand the though of not getting this done or having to plead my case. I will think positive thoughts
  2. Mammarazzi76
    Mammarazzi76
    I'm so sorry!!! I also have BCBS and was told getting approval was easy. My BMI is at 49 so maybe that's why. I hope they can get this fixed for you ASAP !
  3. Vande
    Vande
    I feel your madness I should had done my surgery back in Feburary but was throwing a few curve balls between the Physcologist and the Cardologist I pretty much had to suck it all up and just continue to go with the flow...But I totally understand how frustrated you are especially over a simple minor mistake such as your Height when your so close to seal the deal.Its BS,but just keep positive and know you got this no need to stress it,it will get taken cared of and soon you'll be posting about the night before and after surgery along with your sleeved journey sucess!!!
  4. mrsjoe
    mrsjoe
    I'm so sorry this happened. Try to be positive and think about the fact you still have 9 days until your surgery to work it out. And worst case scenario would be that it gets delayed a week or two, which sucks, but won't seem like much in the long run. I was frustrated when my surgery took two weeks longer to schedule then it should have because of the office staff, so I know how hard it is to keep positive! I will cross my fingers that it all gets straightened out in a couple days.