Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

in Tijuana now. what are standard tips.

1. apricot41
    apricot41
    I'm at the Marriott in TJ awaiting my surgery tomorrow. Anyone else here alone too? Also I remember seeing a post now of standard tips to give driver, bell boy, etc. But now I can't find it. Anyone know what's typical?
  2. lchein
    lchein
    Hi and good luck! I just checked with Trip Advisor, and they say tipping is the same as in Canada or USA. They stated you don't normally tip taxi drivers unless they handle your bags for you, etc. 15% is normal for dinner, which I doubt you'll be doing. $1-$2 dollars a day for hotel housekeeping and I have no idea about nurses but everyone makes very little money and anything would be appreciated. Your coordinator should be able to answer this, and I'll be checking not that you brought it up. I 'm not scheduled until May.
  3. lchein
    lchein
    Hi and good luck! I just checked with Trip Advisor, and they say tipping is the same as in Canada or USA. They stated you don't normally tip taxi drivers unless they handle your bags for you, etc. 15% is normal for dinner, which I doubt you'll be doing. $1-$2 dollars a day for hotel housekeeping and I have no idea about nurses but everyone makes very little money and anything would be appreciated. Your coordinator should be able to answer this, and I'll be checking now that you brought it up. I 'm not scheduled until May.
  4. Luann
    Luann
    I tipped my driver, it never occurred to me to tip the nursing staff. I'm a nurse & I don't know what nurses make in Mexico - but I would draw the line at tipping a health care professional. I tipped the guys who handled my luggage in the hotel, I tipped the housekeeper and any time someone brought room service or I asked for something & it was brought to me by housekeeping.
    I think I gave my driver $10 after he dropped me off to the hotel the first day, and another $40 or so over the rest of the times he drove me around & then back to the airport. But I was always the only one he was driving - it's not like there was a carload of other passengers who were contributing as well.
  5. apricot41
    apricot41
    I feel the same also about nursing staff. I think that is from working in a hospital too.
  6. jenniferboyd81
    jenniferboyd81
    Hey Apricot I will be getting there tomorrow and having surgery Sunday good luck
  7. rose pedle
    rose pedle
    I just came back from there .the thing is with tipping is this is there wage.there get 10 to 30 day help us so tip and there will help u .drivers housekeeper busboys . I gave driver 2 to 3 us dollier and busboys us1 and housekeeper 2to3 I hope this helps u