Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Questions to Octobers!

1. Snowymtnrn
    Snowymtnrn
    Just curious, i'm 10 weeks out, and i'm down 25 pounds. Not great, but still good. He said my weight loss would be a bit slower since i had the band first. I'm just curious how everyone is feeling? And what you can/can't eat? I'm not on any restrictions, but i did try a piece of toast, a piece of bread and some pasta. whole wheat of course, and i have to admit while it tasted *OK* it wasn't great and i felt horrible afterwards. Not sure why, it was like it made me too full. The bread did the same. So no more. However, i have no appetite really, so i forget to eat. That's not good because 6 weeks after i had the sleeve i had to have an abdominal hysterectomy. I need the protein for my incision to heal properly. And its been so hard! What are your go to's to eat? I'm also having some indigestion that i never had before with certain foods. Anything like tomato sauce bases and salsas.
  2. Forestgalice
    Forestgalice
    I also tried spaghetti etc. it makes me too full. a small amount of bread with cheddar seems to be okay for me. if you like fish, try different types, tuna, tilapia etc. the frozen food section has small amounts for your meals. of course don't forget your protein shakes, I've switched to protein bars (tied of the shakes). good luck I'm also not down as much as you are to you are doing great!
  3. Wenchiepooh
    Wenchiepooh
    I am really struggling to get a decent amount of food into me. 1/4 of a cup of solid food at a meal is a good day for me! Tonight I managed about a teaspoon of chicken and half a baby potato before I was done. Having said that though, whatever I have been able to eat seems to agree with me, apart from capsicum, which I think wasn't cooked enough, and roast beef, which I completely forgot to moisten with a buttload of gravy!

Yoghurt works well for me, so does tasty cheese and little tins of tuna and fresh fish, and baked beans. I started getting some wicked reflux just in general after the sleeve, so my surgeon gave me a prescription for Nexium.
  4. bikrchk
    bikrchk
    I feel great! I have to focus to get 1000 (good quality) calories per day along with the 70+g of protein. I make it on the protein every day, but struggle to get the calories most days. I can eat pretty much anything I choose now. Bread, pasta, fruit skins... no problems, but I stick to protein most of the time. The only time I have a problem is if I eat too fast which has happened twice. Still learning, I guess. I can do alcohol, albeit slower than I did before. I usually stick to a glass of red wine in that department and it takes me a loooong time to finish it. No wine after dinner as it tends to induce reflux. The reflux is pretty much the only thing I'm being treated for at this point and it is under control with 40mg Omeprazole 2xday. BP and asthma (the conditions I was treating with the surgery), are under control unmedicated now.

I do best with things like chili and grilled fish. I make a lot of meat-heavy soups and freeze in 1/4c portions. I've recently discovered Chipolte tacos. I can get a single carnitas taco for 180 cal and 13g of protein. Not bad for a treat!
  5. Just Mon
    Just Mon
    About the only thing that does not agree with me is milk - and cold pizza! I bought some of those tiny ones from my nephew's fundraiser, they have thicker crust, and ate 1/2 for lunch and was going to have 1/2 for dinner, but dinner's pizza, I didn't warm up. I had the slimies for almost an hour after! BAD. Other than that, most days I start with a protein shake (having one now with lactose-free skim milk, unflavored protein powder, mixed berries, and a little SF cheesecake jello powder... so good!) for breakfast to get a jump on protein because I REALLY struggle with protein. I usually get 60 days but there are days here and there that I just can't. I'm paying for it now because my hair is coming out LIKE CRAZY. The days when I graze and get more calories are my higher loss days. Very frustrating.

My go to's - Wendy's chili, grilled chicken, hamburgers, lunch meat, and peanut butter. I have veggies with meals but I'm staying away from salad, still. I'm afraid of the roughage!
  6. dundee lass
    dundee lass
    I too am down around 25/26pounds since surgery Oct 21st. I am OK with slow but steady weight loss, but Doc is pressuring me for 40 more pounds before Feb 14th which is somewhat worrisome to me. I don't want to "fail" again, at least in his eyes. I have problems with indigestion and not feeling well after eating - maybe I am eating too quickly. I don't think it is quantity, because I absolutely cannot eat more than a couple of bites of anything and I feel full.
    My staples are cheese cubes, occasional pistachios or peanuts, yoghurt, canned salmon and some tuna salad. Chicken also - I rarely eat carbs, although I did cheat over the holidays with some mashed potatoes and wine. At a holiday party, I tried to have some roast beef and a couple of bites of lasagna. HUGE mistake - spent the remainder of the party in the bathroom puking and feeling like I wanted to die. Sigh, I guess we live and learn, some of us apparently slower than others..
  7. leehee
    leehee
    I too am at the 26lb mark. The only food I seem to have problems with is anything cream cheese based - doesn't seem to matter if it is low fat or no fat, the new tummy does not like! I'm also having trouble with eating too fast and sliming all night and wishing I could upchuck to get rid of the pressure. Got some new baby utensils to hopefully help with that. The old habits that got me into my heavy situation can be really hard to break. Good luck!
  8. Forestgalice
    Forestgalice
    good to share our problems and successes Oct. sleevers! I tried salad last week, it was great change. I also avoided lasagna like the plague that my daughter in laws made in both their separate houses when we visited. I told them, don't even worry about me cause I would eat a little something else and be completely satisfied. My big cheat over the holidays was sweets, unfortunately they go down easy.......too easy. but back on track now and on we go right??? still learning my new stomach!
  9. carynrn07
    carynrn07
    I was sleeved 10/25 and am down 45lbs since surg, 63 including the preop diet. So far I have been lucky and haven't had any issues with the food I have tried. I mainly stick to protein as well.
  10. tinoch
    tinoch
    egg salad. I love egg salad and I make it with mustard so it has less calories. cheese, lunch meat without preservatives, chili made with veggies and ground turkey, taco meat made with ground turkey is a big staple for me because I can add black beans (and some cheese). I am happy to have salad back in my diet and of course I add as much protein as I can. I am trying to put chick peas and beans into them.

I haven't had any problems but I have been very careful about adding the pork and beef back into the rotation. I just tried nuts about a week ago and I ate them slowly.

My nurse practitioner told me that my weight loss would be greater after the 3 month mark so most of us should be reaching that point pretty soon. My BF had lap band and she was telling me that there would be weeks where she thought for sure she couldn't have lost any weight but she always did.

Good Luck Octobers!
  11. Dyson
    Dyson
    Hello all! I was sleeved October 30th, I find that pasta does not sit well with me, I just had bread for the first time this past weekend, it sat well, no problems. I can't eat eggs anymore, at least not fried or scrambled, I can eat boiled (I eat them as egg salad but have to eat very little of it and chew until it is like liquid). I don't do low carb I pretty much eat what I want (what my system is happy with).
  12. Dyson
    Dyson
    I'm down 50 lbs and my doc wants another 20 by the 10th of next month...it's funny how every surgeon is different. I feel GREAT, I'm actually running again and loving it more every day. I can't eat pasta, sort of hits my stomach like a rock, can't eat bread without discomfort but have a pretty high intake (about 1/2 - 1 cup sitting).