Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

What is something you look forward to when you drop the weight?

1. bestnester
    bestnester
    As the weight comes off I find that things get easier to do with my kids. Simple things, like playing on the floor more comfortably.

I really look forward to taking them to do more things since I wont be so worn out and grumpy in the middle of it. I never really enjoyed going out since I felt self conscious and awkward. I already feel more confident when we go out, and just focus on the kids and wanting them to have more fun.

I can't wait to take them on walks when the weather gets better. My daughter is aching to ride her bike, and I look forward to evening strolls with her biking, my son in the jogger, and my dog following us.

Last night we were watching a show and they were hiking. My husband said how fun that would be. We never really talked about things like this before my surgery. He has lost weight as well, and I think we both feel this rejuvenation to get out there with our kids!
  2. xtine1013
    xtine1013
    As silly as it sounds, I can't wait to comfortably ride roller coasters & other amusement park rides with my kids! I never want to worry if I will fit in the seat again. Just tired of missing out on all the fun! :P
  3. march192013
    march192013
    The saddest thing happen a few months back i was at a party at my sons school and one of his classmates said why is your mom so fat! My son cried and tried to stick up for me saying she is not leave her alone.. My worst moment of my obese life! I can take the names and looks and being scoffed when doing normal things but my son was now being teased because of my weight :,( i just want to be normal and un noticed like a good mom lol
  4. sleeve326
    sleeve326
    I want to be able to not have a limp when walk due to a knee injury two years ago.
  5. sleeve326
    sleeve326
    My ultimate goal will be to go on amazing race...wish me luck....planning on trying out for winter 2014 season
  6. thinnye
    thinnye
    Getting down on the floor with my kids w/o moaning and groaning or needing help from a sturdy piece of furniture or my husband to get up!!!
  7. thinnye
    thinnye
    @March192013...we were watching something on TV and they commented on someone being FAT and my 4 yr old (recalling an earlier discussion we had) said that's not nice to call people fat right mommy? Like you are fat and I don't tell you because it's not nice! LOL....Ok so as offensive as it was it was kind of funny as she was being sincere and not trying to be RUDE! But I totally understand.
  8. Camillypoo
    Camillypoo
    Sorry if this offends but I'm looking forward to having sex and actually participating without getting winded after 1 minute. I feel bad my husband is always doing all the hard "work".
  9. pingwn33
    pingwn33
    LOL...kids are great and brutally honest...I tell my lil girl that I am getting rid of this Big ole belly....cant wait...and i agree with so many of you ...getting to ride a roller coaster and not the fear of if the restraint will fit...getting down on the floor with her to play...going on walks and chasing her around the yard with out getting winded...and yes..having sex better...letting her sit on my knee with out slidding off cuz there is no room...there are just so many personal things as well...like personal hygiene things...the list is endless...but my daughter and I talk and she knows and is excited that mommy is going to the "skinny doctor"...
  10. Hbustos
    Hbustos
    There are so many things I am looking forward to many that include everything you all have said.. but, mostly I just want to live a healthy and long life with my beautiful family. Has anyone here had kids after the surgery? I have not yet done it thinking about having more children.
  11. Kelli D
    Kelli D
    I can't wait to fit in my chair at work, the movie theater, airplanes, roller coasters, you name it if it's a chair I want to fit in it!!! I can't wait to go to the normal size departments and buy clothes that are cute! I can't wait to feel stronger and work out harder because my body will let me!! I know there are so many more things that will make me smile and make me happy and I just can't wait!!!
  12. newme4ever
    newme4ever
    I am looking forward to buying attractive work clothes. My husband and I own an accounting firm and the last 2 years I have hid in my office only coming out to talk to clients when I have to. I always wear elastic waste pants and whatever frumpy shirt that covers my mid-drift, then I turn in the mirror to see all my back fat, it was a wonder I even left the house. I Also agree sex without feeling like I am going to drop dead. My husband has been a trooper for the last several years I need to be dealing more with clients and making him feel desired instead of being pushed away
  13. mmaga1916
    mmaga1916
    I am looking forward to going shopping with my girls..
  14. KimB103
    KimB103
    This seems so silly to me everytime I think about it, but I can't help but get excited when I think of taking my kids to Six Flags next year and being able to get on every ride. I miss that so much. I haven't been small enough to do that since before becoming a mom.
  15. slnjcinap
    slnjcinap
    I look forward to being able to feel comfortable-ish in a swimsuit to take my son swimming. I want to be able to go on the long walks I used to be able to when I was younger. Be able to wear clothes in sizes that are easier to find. Sitting on the floor to play. Go out to eat without feeling like everyone is watching what I put on my plate!
  16. jduford
    jduford
    I'm looking forward to having the energy to play with my kids. Go to the park, take a bike ride, and other activities that I always seem to tired to do for very long.....

Personally, just being able to tie my shoes without my stomach getting in the way will be a huge bonus.
  17. Lil Sis
    Lil Sis
    I CAN'T WAIT to take a photo with others and NOT insist on being in the back or huddling my kids in front of me for family pics!
  18. Joolah
    Joolah
    I guess I look forward to the same things as everyone else: sitting on the floor w/my kids, walking anywhere w/my dogs, teaching my youngest how to ride a bike, going to the beach and having people stare at me b/c I look sexy not b/c I look so fat.
    I have, as an adult, experienced humiliation by a child in . I volunteers at our Elementary school. One morning I had cafeteria duty w/the pre-k thru 1st grades, I love this time. I get to hang out w/our youngest & her best friends. So that awful morning I was walking around helping the little ones open their milks or whatever & another Mom was there w/her son. I asked the son if he needed help opening his juice, his mother instantly grabbed it away and said "OMG!!! That fat pig is trying to steal your food". I didn't cry. I wanted to though, my daughter heard this, I needed to say something... anything. All I said was "I am sorry I was just trying to help." When my daughter went to recess that day she fought w/the little boy for being so rude to me. I went home and couldn't eat a thing for 3 days. I ended up in the hospital b/c I couldn't say "lady you are out of line & have no right to talk to me.like that." I wish I could turn back time.
    I guess I am looking forward to being treated just like everyone else
  19. Susee1975
    Susee1975
    roller coaster rides!!!!!!!! My daughter turned 13 in august , her birthday request was for me to take her and her friends to santa cruz boardwalk. We all bought all day wrist bands... me too??? ummm what made me think I still fit in those seats I don't know... we got to the first ride and I didn't fit... instead of letting me on, the kid handling the ride called two friends over as one sat on the bars and the other pulled on the belt and everyone in line laughed... embarassing... um not the word.... so yea.... roller coaster rides is a biggy for me...
  20. Lisaann
    Lisaann
    Having energy to keep up with my 5 kids, ages 3,7,11,15,18....
  21. mamb0831
    mamb0831
    I look forward to wearing a sexy pair of high heels again. I remember a time when I didn't own a pair of flats or sneakers. Even the boots I wore in the winter had a nice sized heel on them. But with all the weight I gained I had to stop wearing them. At this point I'm going to have to retrain myself to walk in heels. LOL!!! It will be worth it!
  22. Awallmanrosales
    Awallmanrosales
    I am looking forward to so many things! Playing with my kids, hiking, jogging, roller coasters, self confidence, etc. I will miss one thing, though. My 3 year old always says that laying on mommys tummy is the most awesome thing ever... i hope he still feels that way after!
  23. KAdams
    KAdams
    My boys are 5 and 10 and both play hockey. I desperately want to learn how to ice skate so we can all go as a family once I drop the weight.