Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

There is hope!

1. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    This is from another poster. There is hope!

And this is why I got sleeved!!!
    So here I am 5.5 months out and I am doing just what I always do... losing focus, feeling unmotivated, not consistently tracking calories, not doing workout on a regular basis, etc. I have historically done well with weight loss efforts for 4-5 months and somewhere around this time I get off track. I don't know what it is about this time frame that causes me to slowly turn and go in the opposite direction but over the past few weeks I've witnessed myself going down that old familiar road. AND THIS IS WHY I GOT THE SLEEVE.

Because I was aware of my history of regaining weight, I knew I needed a barrier. I needed something to help me not regain weight. Not completely fall off the wagon into the abyss. As many of you can probably attest to, there is nothing more heart breaking than weighing yourself and watching that scale move back up and tell yourself, "today, I'm going to get it together." Only to not make it past noon before you've already made a few bad choices. Then you rationalize that it's just 5 lbs. Not a big deal. Starting Monday, i'll get back on track and get that 5 lbs right off, you assure yourself. But Monday never comes. Weeks, and months pass and the next thing you know you have regained all the weight or even more. I COULD NOT do that to myself or my body again. I finally accepted and admitted I needed help and for me help has come in the form of the sleeve.

I am happy to say that the sleeve has been doing its job! While I have not gone completely ham and returned to trips through McDonald's drive thru for my fried crack, I have not been as focused as I was. For the past five months, the sleeve has taught me to eat smaller portions so even when I had to get that take out Chinese from the buffet the other night I only got two spoon full of a shrimp dish. Prior to the sleeve when they weighed my container it was $8 to $9, this time it was $3.40. Of course I could have filled it up but didn't want to because it would have been torture to get all that food and not been able to eat it. I know my limitations. I would have ended up in the bathroom due to over eating.

So for the first time in my life, I feel I can break the cycle of circling back to my old habits. I hit the gym yesterday and today and it felt great. Tracked all of my food and got my water in. I know I'm not out of the woods yet but I have hope that I can kick OBESITY's butt once and for all this time.
  2. butterfly2013
    butterfly2013
    I can so relate to your post. I'm so proud that you able to notice the cycle and take steps to make different choices. You are on the right track and keep it up. You are going to make it to your goal this time. Keep up the good work.
  3. mommamel
    mommamel
    Hi Lee6Lee, Congratulations on a job well done! That 6 month (or so) hurdle has been a huge one for me and has kicked me down, back into that canyon of despair because I just can't seem to do it. I do fantastically the first 6 months or so and then I convince myself I can have a little nibble here, and then a little nibble there and before you know it, I've eaten the whole thing again. Like you, I'm trying to prepare myself for that and attempting to come up with a strategy that I can't weasel my way out of. I'm going to carry my proverbial "duct tape" with me (figuratively speaking of course) ready to fix whatever breaks in my journey to freedom from food! I need to stay stoked, upbeat, positive, and look for other ways to reward myself too. My surgery is tomorrow so we'll see how everything goes. I'm anxious to get this part over with. Keep up the good work-I'm excited for you. :-)
  4. Lee6Lee
    Lee6Lee
    That actually wasn't me. I brought it from another post to show it can be done.