Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gaining weight

1. U2girl
    U2girl
    I had my surgery on 2/19/14 and lost 4 lbs while in the hospital. Ever since I came home I have been slowly gaining weight and not losing it. I'm following the clear liquid bariatric diet. I'm also fierce hungry but haven't eaten anything for fear of doing something to the sleeve. I have my post op appt with the dr this week but I want to know now why I'm gaining instead of losing. I'm so upset!
  2. StacyD
    StacyD
    You should not be hungry Call your doctor it's probably acid in your stomach.
  3. Lolo2
    Lolo2
    Clear fluids can be high in sodium and protein can be helping you build muscle which weighs more. You can't possibly be gaining fat so relax, drink lots of water, I put the fibre that goes clear in the odd glass, your body may be trying to have a bowel movement so holding water. There is something like 3500 excess calories to a pound, so relax, there will be other stalls too that we have to be prepared for.
  4. U2girl
    U2girl
    I'm seeing my dr for the 1st week post op on Thursday
    I'm starving and the scale is still going up a pound today
    I can take big gulps of water or vitAmin water too. Yes sometimes it hurts when I do this and sometimes it doesn't. My stomach rumbles and aches for food bc when I drink beef broth and protein shakes the pain goes away!
    I hope my dr tells me this is working
  5. Lolo2
    Lolo2
    How did appt go with doc? I gained 3lbs this week, disappointed but I know it can't be fat cause I'm eating between 500 and 800 calories a day.
  6. U2girl
    U2girl
    Well my scale must be off bc the doc said I lost 12lbs so far!!