Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

It's been awhile

1. CrazyGummyChick
    CrazyGummyChick
    It's been awhile since I've logged into this website. I found several support groups on Facebook and kinda lost track of this one. I am 5 months post op and I am currently down 65 lbs. I have thyroid issues due to cancer so it's been a long frustrating 5 months for me. I am losing, but losing slowly and I am OK with that now. At least I'm losing.

I am wondering if anyone has any good protein choices so that I can get renewed. I have been eating tortilla chips and rice cakes and I need to get away from them. Other than those I'm doing fairly good. Any suggestions would be great.
  2. Forestgalice
    Forestgalice
    sounds like you are doing very well, congrats. yes, the old carbs snacking........me also sometimes. if you like cheese, those wedges are good, I'm a cheddar or pepper jack gal myself. good protein there. also peanut butter on those rice cakes if you must have those. tuna on them also is great protein. salsa and beans is another good protein topper to those rice cakes........this is a great web site for finding those of us with dates of surgery in common, I'm last October myself. good luck. Lynette
  3. Kathysangels
    Kathysangels
    So sorry to hear of the problems you have been having. With all that is going on in your life, you should be so very proud of that 65 pounds. I am sure that each one of them has been hard earned. I had bi-lateral kidney cancer 15 years ago - and I know some of what you are going through - my thoughts and prayers are with youl

Don't know if you like ground turkey - but it has been a mainstay for us. I made a meatloaf with it last night (3 oz = 23gm) and it was wonderful. I add oatmeal (1/2 c =5gm) to it so you also get extra protein from that as well. I made it with sweet potatoes (1 cup =4grm) & green beans (1 cup = 2grm). I also use the ground turkey in meatballs, use it for base of my spaghetti sauce, make "hamburgers" from it, make mini meatballs and cook in a vegetable soup, use it as a base for our chili, etc.

Hope this helps a bit.

Hugs,
    Kathy