Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

I am so scared!!! Need some reassurance--HELP

1. Jphat
    Jphat
    I am so scared. I find myself thinking about it more and more everyday since my surgery is on Monday 2/17. I need some help coping with this, anyone have any ideas on how i can get over this.
  2. Chonda
    Chonda
    We going to be all good!
  3. nanfit
    nanfit
    Jphat - I had some similar panic, and I had met Dr. Ortiz and the staff. I woke up the morning of my surgery at 4am in the hotel room and had the sudden urge to bolt! However, my mom was my support person, and she kept me calm. Practice deep breathing exercises and relax. They will take care of everything. I promise you. My buddy Orlando will probably pick you up at the airport. He is GOOD PEOPLE. Have him put on some rockin' tunes-- he's a huge Dave Matthews Band and Pearl Jam fan. Believe me, once you get there, it'll be a whirlwind of calm and fun. I can't wait to go back to visit. Dr. Ortiz is amazing. He'll come in to see you before your surgery, talk to you, subside any concerns. If you are too nervous, they can give you a little sedative to calm you down (I needed it!) And I am very familiar with the process, since it was my third surgery ( 1 - lapband, 2 - emergency band removal here in the states.) I'll tell you though, this was the easiest of my 3 surgeries. It had a lot to do with the exceptional care from their staff. You'll do great, and Chonda will be there with you!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU BOTH!
  4. tina2-18-2014
    tina2-18-2014
    I am having mine done in Mexico the DAY after you on Tuesday 2/18.... Wish we were at the same hospital! I am the same as nanfit, my mom is my support, she had this done as well as my uncle from the same doctor that I am going to so that helps me not be so freaked out... Not completely NOT freaked I am still scared...I notice my anxiety going each day closer.
  5. meisenlord
    meisenlord
    I had my surgery in Nov of2013 and it was a breeze. I would rather have that surgery than have my teeth cleaned. Truly was a piece of cake.
  6. Jphat
    Jphat
    Thanks everyone!!! I appreciate the support!!!
  7. elongwa
    elongwa
    Do what calms you down, for me that was to be informed. I read, read, re-read every post on here and on other sites about the clinic I was going to, about the surgery itself, about any fears I had. I did the things that calmed me down. Once I was in Mexico it was good, things moved at such a pace that I didn't really have time to worry too much!
  8. stacya1971
    stacya1971
    Do they give you any drugs beforehand to calm your nerves?
  9. karenl3
    karenl3
    I'm thinking I may need drugs. I make myself crazy.
  10. chuck1960
    chuck1960
    i believe they gave me something im not sure but i felt a little buzzed walking into the O. R. but i was a little scared ..but i told my self why be scared of something thats going to help my obesity ,what i should be scared of is what will happen if i dont get this done ...its easy i was up walking 20 min after i woke up i had almost zero pain 31 days later imso happy i got it done .and at times it sucks still trying to eat but man the weights flying off go for it no need to be scared you got this!!!!!
  11. karenl3
    karenl3
    Thank you Chuck! Sometimes a reality check is exactly what is needed.
  12. Bnbdaddy
    Bnbdaddy
    I am very nervous also. I am leaving for Mexico on Wednesday for Thursday sleeve with Dr. Ariel Ortiz.
  13. KWKIKI
    KWKIKI
    Right after I booked the date for my surgery, my pulse began racing like mad and wouldn't slow down, after about 1.5 hours of that I finally took a Xanax, that was yesterday, today I have been fine. My mother is freaking out--I am going there by myself. If anyone who went to Dr Almanza could maybe throw a play by play at me to share with her so she is more relaxed about me getting hijacked or robbed, that'd be really great! I am going on my own and a lot of my people are uncomfortable with that, but I have been "on my own"for a long time.
  14. cassieluvscamarieon
    cassieluvscamarieon
    I feel the exact same way.. the more I think about it the more scared I get! my surgery is April 7th but all I can think about is the flight over ( I am so scared to fly now days) and I am going alone what if I don't come home.. what if this, what if that.. .etc.. think about leaving my kids alone.. it's consuming my thoughts even interrupts my sleep..but there are days that i'm excited and can't wait for the days after the surgery!!
  15. Jphat
    Jphat
    Hello Everyone,

Today I am a week post-op and let me tell you i feel great!!! I went to a follow up appointment with my PCP and she said everything looks good and that they did a great job on me and I LOST 15 lbs...YAY!!!! So to anyone and everyone going to Tijuana, MX to get their surgery trust me when i say that that will be the best decision of your life. The staff and doctors are all so professional, caring and they took very good care of me. I would recommend them to anyone considering getting weight loss surgery or any other surgery. Good Luck to you all and i promise that you will have a wonderful and pleasant experience!!!