Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

nervous wreck

1. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    I have surgery on wed and im already a crying mess. Its just now hitting me mentally that things are going to be different for me for the better. I scared nervous all at the same time. Ive been wanting this for a long time and scared to death that ill flub this us like I do the other things I do in life.
  2. StacyD
    StacyD
    I cried too the day after I came home. I was so scared Id do something wrong. You will be fine. Pm me if there's anything I ca do for you
  3. Lolo2
    Lolo2
    It's normal fear just think to yourself someone telling you right now that you can't have the surgery, I think you will feel disappointment. I have very little discomfort and none the first 30 hours. Then it was minor incision pain like a bruise and some gas. I read the same all over this board and on youtube videos. I am 2 weeks out and I am much healthier already, cholesterol, blood sugar and triglycerides are all down. I am no longer diabetic. You will be fine and happy in the end like all the rest of us.
  4. time_to_shine
    time_to_shine
    You'll do wonderfully! I was the same way before surgery - I was crying as they wheeled me in to the OR lol. Honestly, I was more of an emotional mess for the first few days post-op. For a few days I really had 'buyers remorse'.

You've got this - you're going to do great. The first few days were pretty rough, but you'll get through them and you'll feel do much better and be do much healthier!

You'll be in my prayers!
  5. skoggy
    skoggy
    Hi, sometimes we hear past negative thoughts about what failures we have been. We need to become more positive and realize this sleeve is a tool to help us, a very important tool which is going to help us succeed in our new goal of a healthier life. Turn the negative thoughts into positive thoughts. This really helps us....and sometimes we are actually afraid of reaching our goals as this brings on new expectations of ourselves. Keep positive thoughts and look forward to new personal growth.