Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

sleeved on the 11th

1. Raven
    Raven
    Things are going much better than I expected but the one thing I didn't anticipate is feeling full and my stomach growling. I'm confused by this message my body is sending. My head hurts and my stomach aches but I'm getting the message that I'm feeling "full" too...it's so very odd and I don't know what to make of it. Anyone else running into this?
    ~ Raven
  2. frankh
    frankh
    I had surgery on the same date and have the exact same feeling. Loosing weight quite fast but still feeling full ALL day long..
  3. mtnskullrider
    mtnskullrider
    I had my sleeve on the 11th and I am just as confused as my stomach is always growling and I don't feel full and I drink 4 oz every 15-30minutes. After the past 3 days my conclusion is my stomach is is over digesting if that can be a conclusion LOL. By Thursday my reflux was escalating and called the surgeon can do 1-3 oz every 3 hours of sugar free yogurt. I Found carbmasters with 3 carbs. Helped but for only 30 minutes. My problem 3 days out from surgery is serious reflux. The pain has almost landed me in the ER. I finally got a hold of the surgeon to get a different prescription liquid every 10 hours but end up taking every 8 hours. i am taking the liquid and breaking open my nexium to keep it at bay the refulx pain. I am hating everything about this surgery. I had the sleeve and never ever want the by-pass. The surgeon did not tell me that it would be worse after with the sleeve.
  4. Kathysangels
    Kathysangels
    Hello fellow sufferers.
    Well, we are now 5 days out from the surgeries. My biggest problem is I am so very tired. Someone on another site told me that it takes 6-7 weeks to get the anesthesia and other meds out of our systems and also for our bodies to heal enough that all the energy isn't being used for healing.
    I am having the opposite problem with food you are - I "ate" an 11 oz bottle of protein drink at 9:30 am - by 1:30 pm I was still so full it was hard to even keep adding water - which I have tried to do. It is now 6:30 and I am a meal behind - but am going to use the yogurt so it is not as much. However the protein shake was 20 mg while the yogurt is only 5. This is going to be my problem to work out I am sure.
    I also am questioning if I did the right thing - and guess this is a normal thing from what you are both saying - I am sore, tired, and worried that I will get enough protein in. I am worried that I won't be able to work all these food choices out - and am scared to death I will not be able to lose the weight on it we are supposed to.
    I think we just need to get past this next week or so of post op pain, etc. and it will work out for us. Will surely keep you two in my thoughts.
    Hugs,
    Kathy
  5. time_to_shine
    time_to_shine
    I am so glad you posted this! My surgery was on the 12th. I don't get hungry at all and am having a very hard time eating 4oz every 3 hours as my dr said to. Between trying for 60oz protein and 60 oz liquid, I'm not getting to these goals at all. A couple of my incisions are painful and my surgeon sends Gus patients home with a drain, but overall thing to be ok. I just never feel hungry and can't tell when I'm full. Just trying to do the best I can!
  6. Raven
    Raven
    I'm using one shake a day (from the Dr) a day still, usually for breakfast as I've little to no drive in the mornings. I'm noticing that when I move around more it's helping as well as breathing deeply/fully. Today I woke up with less pain and more weight loss. I welcome the less pain and I'm finally burping again, which seems to help greatly! *laughs* Who knew? Ironically the hungry hit me last night and I ate an additional 2 oz of protein. While that was a healthy choice it was not the best choice. I shouldn't have given in and I wasn't sure but I know better now. ( at least it wasn't pb M&M's or something lol)
  7. Raven
    Raven
    @ Time-to-shine - 60oz of protein??? a day??? sure it's not 12 or 16?
  8. gypsychyksjourney
    gypsychyksjourney
    Sleeved on the 17th and boy was it tough, but things are getting better. Slowly. NOT ingesting as much as I should. Tons of gas that will not come out. Mother Nature decided to join in at the same time of course, so that is fun, pain is getting better but I do feel really lazy and like I have morning sickness when it comes to smells. Roasted garlic that someone else ate in this house has made me so nauseated. Can not even be around him. The dry heaves were terrible for me in the hospital, but I think the super dry and sore throat on the day of surgery and the following morning was brutal. Worst part for me. That contrast to swallow before the leak check was very very hard to do and I spewed mine as soon as the test was done. Heaved for so long. WOW painful. Water never tasted so great after that. Totally grumbly in the tummy and feel extremely bloated. Worried I wont get the nutrients and fluids in.
  9. Raven
    Raven
    @ gypsychyk79, MotherNature did the same trick with me and I had bad cramps along with gas pains...it took me some time and a lot of walking but I feel better now. It was about a week but I'm starting to feel more human. I'm still adjusting to how much I can eat and "cheated" one day (had a cookie and a piece of cheese) and felt simply awful! I learned my lesson and am back on track again. I'm telling you it wasn't worth the "cheat" or the taste. Fortunately for me I didn't get sick but water...water is my friend. It gets better sweety. Hang in there.
    ~ Raven