Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Dr. Alejandro Lopez

1. PDXloser71
    PDXloser71
    I'm researching Mexico surgeons and am liking doctor Lopez. I am confused, however, which group he is with. I have found him at Mexico Bariatric Center (Dr. Alejandro Lopez – Tijuana, Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta Bariatric Surgeon | Weight Loss Surgery in Mexico) and also at Specialized Bariatrics (Surgical Services Facilities) quoting two different prices. Does anyone have any insight on which group I should contact? Is one better than the other?
  2. Luann
    Luann
    Specialized Bariatrics is the company he started with his wife, Dr. Osuna. I went with Mexico Bariatric Center - I picked Dr. Lopez partly because of Christy, my coordinator with Mexico Bariatrics. You can have the same surgeon either way - I think the price depends on which company is running a special at the time.
  3. Changeisgood4u
    Changeisgood4u
    My husband and I just had our surgery yesterday, and Dr Lopez did the surgery at Mi Hospital we went through Specialized Bariatrics inc. everything has gone well so far. We were charged $4,200 each. Our coordinator came in this morning and said my husband had a hernia that Dr had to repair. So they said we owe another $1,000 now for that. Yikes.
  4. PDXloser71
    PDXloser71
    Thanks for your responses. Good luck Change, I hope your recovery goes well.
  5. Mysuperslimself
    Mysuperslimself
    I plan to have a gastric sleeve and and am considering Mexico because of the financing. Has anyone heard of any negative outcomes with surgeries done in Mexico?
  6. Changeisgood4u
    Changeisgood4u
    Mysuperslimself, we have had a great experience with our surgery here in Mexico. Staff is very good at the hospital and hotel is very nice. No regrets.
  7. rzrbackgirl
    rzrbackgirl
    I am having my surgery with Dr Lopez in Puerto Vallarta on February 12th. So far Ive only dealt with his coordinator here in Northern CA. I'm encouraged as everything I've read about Dr Lopez, regardless of surgery location has been positive.
  8. thinmeskreamin
    thinmeskreamin
    I'm scheduled with dr lopez on feb 6th. Tonight while searching the web, I found one disgruntled patient, supposedly of Dr Lopez while he was with a lighter me. He suggested That Lopez was forced to leave a lighter me due to complaints and that he was performing upwards of 7surgeries per day. This sounds far fetched and intentional bashing. Just wondering if anyone else had ever heard such?
  9. AnnieLytical
    AnnieLytical
    I had my sleeve done by Dr Lopez on January 8, 2014. He does 3-4 surgeries a day. His coordinator said that, and while i was there, I talked with other
    patients and in fact, he had done 4 that day. No more. I don't know anything about alighterme or why he left. But.. I can tell you my experience with him,
    his staff, the hotel, and the hosiptal were impeccable. I got better care there than I ever have in the US. I would do this over again 1000%. I even had some concerns post surgery and I emailed the coordiantor (Specialized Bariatrics - Cathy) and within an hour, Dr. Lopez had responded. Never has that happened with a US doctor.
  10. Luann
    Luann
    I am sure Dr. Lopez doesn't do any more than 4 surgeries a day. It's in his contract with MBC, none of their surgeons do.
    Also, when I was doing internet searches on Dr. Lopez - search engines continually brought me to A Lighter Me's site. If there had been any problem with him, the first thing they would have done is extract everything online associated with his name and their company. Even today I found a you tube testimonial from A Lighter Me regarding a positive patient experience with Dr. Lopez. aLighterMe Testimonial: Carolyn, Patient of Dr. Alejandro Lopez - YouTube His good reputation is still helping their business, or they would have pulled this off the site ASAP.
  11. thinmeskreamin
    thinmeskreamin
    Thanks luann,
    I called in and talked to the coordinator, and she said the same, no korenthan 4. And that depends on type of surgery he's doing. Personally I don't think this person on the other forum was telling the whole story. Sounded to me like he was trying to bash him and his business intentionally.
    The coordinator did say a lighter me was booking him heavy, and that sometimes during holidays when peeps are off they can over book but its uncommon.
    I'm sure I've made a good choice. Now how to get the money out of my acct and to them quickly.
  12. beanie8875
    beanie8875
    I just survey with Dr Lopez on the 7th at mi doctor in tijuana. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Make sure you have viber so you can call your family toll free. Brush up on your Spanish too! Sometimes there is only one nurse and he or she does not speak English!