Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

7 days till surgery with Dr. Elias Ortiz

1. Jphat
    Jphat
    Ok so my surgery is a week from now and i am extremly nervous. As i read everyones post about ALM and all the great experiences they have had, I on the other hand am not going through ALM. I called the hospital MiDoctor directly and have been dealing with a Dr. Sammy Tepperman, whom has been handling all of my coordination. Has anyone heard of him before?
  2. Chonda
    Chonda
    I'll be right there in MI hospital with you... But I am using Dr. Ortiz. I'll look for you walking the hallway!! email me if you have any questions that i may can answer chondabelle@gmail.com
  3. Jphat
    Jphat
    Thanks Chondabelle, I just emailed you!
  4. nanfit
    nanfit
    Jphat - There are two companies working out of Mi Doctor Hospital. A Lighter Me and I believe Mexico Bariatric Surgery is the other company.
  5. mmhutch
    mmhutch
    Dr Sammy Tepperman owns Mi Doctor hospital. He is an Internist. He refers all his patients for WLS to Dr Elias Ortiz. I am not familiar with the differences in price and what is included by going through Dr Tepperman vs Dr Ortiz' company, A Lighter Me.

I am very pleased with ALM. The nutritionist is continually in contact. She sends me weekly emails with suggestions for progression in the post op diet. By the way, 10 days before surgery, she sent me several documents regarding post op care, diet, what to stock your pantry with, and even what medicines can and cannot be taken post op.

I met a woman at the hospital who went with a different surgeon. That surgeons group NEVER sent her any information on post op diet or wound care! I shared everything I had with her. Can you imagine having this surgery and having no clue how to sustain yourself afterwards with correct amounts of protein, vitamins, etc.?

I learned of a couple of rip offs by surgeon while down there. One woman I met had a band revision to sleeve a couple years ago by another dr. The problem is that he removed her band but never sleeved her stomach! But he charged her for it and led her to believe he had done the surgery. She was sleeved by Dr Ortiz the day after I was.

Another group that is at Mi Doctor up charged 4/5 of their surgery patients one day recently telling them that they all had to have a hernia repair. The 5th patient was a bypass patient, therefore a hernia repair would not be necessary.

The man in the room next to me was a pt of another dr and he had to go back into surgery the same night he had it because he was bleeding internally. This man was not enormous. Then his surgeon told his wife that she couldn't spend the night at the hospital with him. She emphatically let them know that she wasn't leaving her husband considering the complication he just suffered.

All I can say is that I am thankful for Dr Ortiz and ALM.
  6. Jphat
    Jphat
    i am definitely grateful that there has been so much positive feedback about Dr Ortiz. I am aware that Dr. Sammy Tepperman is the owner of the hospital because I called ALM and one of their reps informed me.