Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

16 days till my new life

1. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    Hello!! Well I'm on 16 days and counting down towards my surgery on Feb 26. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. The ones of you that are married how have your spouse's been support wise post op. Any tips to help my husband adjust. I'm finally taking care of me which is which is way overdue.
  2. renee2
    renee2
    I'm 2 days away and my husband has been very supportive of the surgery. He had gone to all appointments with me, read the list of foods I'm allowed and shopped to get them. When we go out he always makes sure that the Resturant has food the way I can eat it. He is already looking post-op to see where we can go.
  3. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    my husband hasn't been able to go to all the appointments with me due to his job however he is taking the day of preop teaching off to go to make sure I don't miss anything and to find out what I can and cannot have plus he is taking vacation the week of my surgery.
  4. Aquajog
    Aquajog
    Since we are retired my husband is here . The Dietitian and nurses told him to let me do things myself. He wants to ran and do something as soon as I move to do it.. I actually tod him to stay home and relax during the second day of hospital stay. The first walks are uncomfortable ..have to get that gas out. Not unbearable but as soon as he sees me in any discomfort wants me to stop!
    He was not crazy about me having any surgery .has never said anything about my weight but I needed to do this for my health .. So he is being supportive .
    Post op day 3.. Feeling okay.. Much less cramping filling today as I am finely passing gas!!
  5. Uzomah
    Uzomah
    February 26th is so close. I pray for all of us February Members that we all have a blessed life with this new journey. I am, elated that the surgery will be done by laser through those five openings and not open up out entire abdomen. Whew! That is one of the things that contributed to my 30 year delay with the surgery. I am sitting here trying to calm down. Sometimes I get so excited, I become anxious. Not eager, but anxious.

I feel strongly that I will perform well during and after the surgery. I am so confident that I have made the best difficult decision I have had to make. When I" needed brain surgery, I had little choice in the matter if I wanted to live. I took the risk and thankfully, I was blessed. This is not elective!!! I want to Live!!! Live more abundantly!!! Therefore, as I sit here and tell myself, I am having this surgery to live more abundantly
    = peacefully!! Thank God, thank my husband for his marvelous support, and thank you all for sharing so much of your selves from the heart.

Uzomah
  6. Kathysangels
    Kathysangels
    Thanks for the thoughts - they mean a lot to all of us February people.
    I am leaving for the hospital for my surgery in just a few hours - can't sleep -too excited.
    Hugs,
    Kathy
  7. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    this surgery is going to be much easier than the open heart surgery that I had in 2012 with the wound debridement 5 mos later. Both surgeries and recovery were painful along with the cardiac rehab part. They are going to repair a hiatial hernia as well while they will be doing the sleeve