Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Feb 20th Date in Dallas

1. eatpam
    eatpam
    I have my pre-op visit and preregistration at the hospital on Feb 5th and then surgery on the 20th.

It is so exciting!
  2. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    My date is Feb 26 in Charleston WV pre op teaching is,Feb 20
  3. eatpam
    eatpam
    Congratulations rxtech!

Do you have a lot of support from family and friends?
  4. eatpam
    eatpam
    I'm going to dump a couple of things in this thread.

First, I really am afraid of contaminating myself at work by sick people. I really don't want to get sick this close to my surgery date. I would be super pissed if my surgery was delayed because people didn't keep their sickly bugs to themselves! lol

Second (and biggest) is my ex-husband. He knows me so well even though we have been apart for about 20 years. Our kids are grown but we were discussing how the youngest really needs a different car and I told him I can't do anything right now because I am coming up with a large sum of money for something I am doing. He guessed (even after I said I would rather not talk to him about it) I was either getting the lap band or some other gastric surgery and I admitted it. He said he just wants me to be safe. It was kind of sweet. He was nice and supportive about it and I find it strange that my ex-husband ended up being one of the most supportive reactions I have had.

Ah well. Three weeks. I'm excited.
  5. eatpam
    eatpam
    Next Wednesday is when I go in for the required class, blood work, preregister at the hospital and final pre-op appointment with my surgeon. It is also the day I hand over $4,100 to the surgeon. I pay for the hospital part on the day of surgery. Total cost $13,200.

I am pumping myself up to prepare for the liquid diet starting on the 13th. It is weighing heavy on my mind.

I have my gym membership for after surgery, I have an exercise program figured out. I had been going to the gym but have stopped. I am stocked up on broths and I have some of the premiere protein shakes.

I think I'm ready.
  6. eatpam
    eatpam
    I have had a super productive day at work today. I am getting excited for the surgery coming up and want to have everything caught up while I am out but we got slammed with work, right here when I am trying to be prepared!

I can do it though. I feel so motivated and excited over having this surgery. The closer it gets the more excited I am feeling. Part of me is enjoying all my favorite foods and the other part of me is in true planning mode.

I want everything to be just right for the surgery and after. I am watching videos of successful people and see the common thread is exercise after the surgery. I am trying to get my mind right for that also. My daughter is studying to be a personal trainer so I am going to put a lot of that planning in her hands.

I really feel like I am getting my mind right for this experience.
  7. eatpam
    eatpam
    Wow..... I just went and drew $4,900 out of my bank as a cashiers check for tomorrow's appointment. That just covers the surgeons part.

I still have over $8,000 more to pay on the day of surgery for the hospital's part. OMG that is a lot of money for me. It is all my money actually, I still have to come up with a part of it by the time my surgery date gets here!

I need a mantra in my head, "It's totally worth it. It's totally worth it. It is okay to spend all this money on myself. It is okay to do this for myself."

Phewwww! I should just be exceedingly grateful that I am able to do this at all.
  8. eatpam
    eatpam
    Today we were surprised by a huge inspection at work that will take a few days. I am going to try and look at it as a good thing to get behind us prior to my surgery.... but wow. It is making me a nervous wreck. The inspectors will be here all week. I go on my liquid pre-op diet on Thursday. I am not looking forward to doing that while all this is taking place.

Dang IT!!!!