Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hello Fellow Feb. Surgery Pals :)

1. Graciegurl
    Graciegurl
    Hi

I do not know at this point what day in February I will have my surgery as my insurance co. required a 3 mos. waiting period. I was approved late Oct. 2013. Had my first initial visits with the Dr.s office Nov. 1st. I am thinking perhaps mid-February though. Looking forward to following you all as we gear up for our big day!!!!!

Be Well and Be Happy!!!
  2. Vande
    Vande
    I'm being thrown I few curve balls from my insurance and it's delaying my process a lil so far, but I'm trying to stay positive & focused just the thought of getting denied is very discouraging at times.
    Good luck to all!
  3. vsgfatbottomgirl
    vsgfatbottomgirl
    Hi There! I'm Jenn, I just had my consultation this week with the surgeon. I, too have a 3 month waiting period, so I'm figuring my surgery will be sometime late in February. Looking forward to hearing all of your experiences...
  4. Tiffrdy4wghtloss
    Tiffrdy4wghtloss
    looks like were all in the same boat. I wish we didn't have to go through all this, just to be a happier person, but I guess its all worth it in the long run. im so looking forward to what awaits me the good and the bad.
  5. Vande
    Vande
    We getting closer to our life changing day ladies....Hope everyone's progress to begin this journey is going accordingly!!!
  6. LadyGreensleeves
    LadyGreensleeves
    My surgery is tomorrow. Excited to start my journey. A little apprehensive about the first few days, but ready to make it happen. Wish me luck.
  7. Alc2013
    Alc2013
    Good luck
  8. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    I had to go through a lot of insurance drama to get approval for my surgery. My insurance requires 6 mos diet and a bmi of 50 well my 6 mos was up and I lost too much weight according to my insurance so I had to gain 6 lbs in order to get approval. I finally got my approval in Jan so I have a surgery date of Feb 26 in Charleston WV where I live. Im nervous and scared at the same time even though I went through an open heart bypass surgery which was much worse than this and 2 heart attacks and im only 39 yrs old. I did have my yearly cardiac checkup last mon and they said I was still healthy for surgery and that the benefits for me outweighed the risks. They are going to be doing a hiatial hernia repair as well as the sleeve. I also had an appt with my therapist last week as well. That is something im definetly continuing is my therapy as this will be a physical as well as a mental transformation for myself and my hubby. Im still trying to lose as much weight as I can but every day seems like a last meal to me knowing I wont be able to have the kind of food I enjoy anymore. I know this will be work it in the long run especially to start my 40s healthier.