Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Friends??

1. AlbertaGirl72
    AlbertaGirl72
    So I had my surgery on February 15, 2012 and I have since lost 100lb (and counting).
    I believe that my success has been from having friends that support me and since I have moved back down to Alberta here, I seem to be lacking in the friends department.

Anyone seeking the same support? I am open to emailing, texting or even calling for added support. Sometimes I feel alone and that is never good for someone who is a compulsive eater!

You can message me here or email me to get things started

dianakurenoff@gmail.com

I look forward to it!
    Thanks
    Diana
  2. slim_again
    slim_again
    Congrats on your loss! What have you been doing that you feel really makes a difference? I'm in calgary and if I could I'd be at the West ed mall waterpark as much as possible. We went there for christmas last year and LOVED it! My OH and I were crazy enough to do that new 30 ft drop loop waterslide first. I thought I was going to die! All the slides after that were easy lol.
    I'd love to get a gym membership but they're just so expensive. I park in free parking 15 minutes away from my work so I get that 1/2 hour of speed walking (especially when it's -20/30ish) and then again at noon hour I either walk or do core yoga/pilates. This winter I signed up for Tuesday & Thursday classes and I'm wondering how that's going to work out right after my surgery. Did you have issues doing sit ups or using stomach muscles after surgery? I'm always happy to chat!
  3. sassylassie
    sassylassie
    Hi there,

My name is Sandi and I am from Grande Prairie. We moved here a couple years ago and I don't have much for support here either. My husband works away a lot also. It would be nice to have some support from a friend. I just had surgery 12/12/12. I can't wait to start water classes but I am only 3 weeks postop. Feels like a lifetime already..lol
  4. Sweet
    Sweet
    It's nice to see there is people closer to me. I am from Dawson Creek and I have no support out here makes it very hard when you sometimes feel your doing it all alone.
  5. prairie_dispatcher
    prairie_dispatcher
    Hi. I am in Edmonton just about to start the pre-op diet. We might not be at the same phase but a friend to have is great too!!!!!
  6. Doddsy
    Doddsy
    I'm in Calgary - surgery is soon!
  7. karenl3
    karenl3
    I'm in Calgary as well. Surgery is not booked but will be soon as soon as I see my Endo on Monday. I want to let her know what I'm doing. Hi Everyone!