Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hi! New pcos soon to be sleeved here....

1. healthiermama
    healthiermama
    Hi Everyone! I just finished my last pre approval appt and now i'm waiting for the lady to call me to schedule the surgery date. So excited! Can't wait! Anyway, I have pcos and insulin resistance. I've always been heavy and it took a reproductive endocrinologist to get me pregnant with lots of hormone drugs. I now have a very active 13 months old and I can't keep up with him. I do plan on having another one in a few years and hopefully with this surgery I'll be able to control my pcos and try a more natural approach. Overall, i am doing this surgery to be heathier. My health is on a slippery slope and I don't want to see it go any more down. But just wanted to say Hi mostly!
  2. nrsmidwife
    nrsmidwife
    Hi healthiermama! I just joined today, and came across your post! I too have PCOS and insulin resistance and have been on Metformin forever. I hate it...I get headaches and horrible gi upset from the Metformin. I went to a Bariatric seminar last week and I have my first appointment with a bariatric surgeon on Friday. My BMI is around 38 and I desperately hope I get approved for the sleeve by insurance!! Is your insurance going to cover it? Do you have any other comorbidities? Thanks!!!
  3. Bree_loved
    Bree_loved
    Welcome!
  4. jolund01
    jolund01
    Same here with the PCOS, insulin resistance, and Metformin. I have not had any kids yet but my husband and I are hoping to soon. Did the sleeve really to help with the PCOS and my back problems. Hoping this will all make pregnancy a little easier.