Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Starting to panic about flying home

1. nov7baby
    nov7baby
    Okay I haven't even had my surgery yet and I'm freaking out about getting home after it's done. Who knew LAX was so huge? I nearly ran the entire way to get from terminal 1 to terminal 4 on my way to San Diego; how can I do that post op? OMG I have 3 airline transfers and none have a huge amount of time to spare. I am on my own and thought it would be fine but I'm wondering if that was a dumb move. Please advise. Thanks! At least with my new worry, I don't have time to worry about how damn hungry I am or about my surgery tomorrow.
  2. BelindaK
    BelindaK
    Ask to be met with a wheelchair. They'll be glad to assist you, just ask when you check in.
  3. Emilia
    Emilia
    Yes , I would ask for a wheelchair and also let them know you had surgery.
    Good luck.
  4. nov7baby
    nov7baby
    It's that easy? Thank you!!
  5. Promise20000
    Promise20000
    Wheel chair all the way
  6. nov7baby
    nov7baby
    Another dumb question; do I call ahead to arrange it?
  7. Luann
    Luann
    Yes, you can call the airline ahead of time to request assistance. Sometimes I have done that (I have back troubles) and nice to know the help is available if I need it. If it turns out I am having a good day & don't need the help - no problem. Just tell them you don't need the assist after all. It was a great help for me after the surgery, because I had luggage & the guy took me to the carousel & lifted it off for me.

Since you will want someone at the tarmac ready to help you with a wheelchair - better to arrange it in advance. Especially if you will be short on time between connections.
  8. thinmeskreamin
    thinmeskreamin
    Good advice, I may need myself. Actually I went ahead and booked an extra night in san diego getting up early next day to fly back. Then choose a flight with 1 stop in dallas, with enough lay over as to not be pushed. Didn't consider a wheelchair assist. Hoping the extra days rest will help with traveling
  9. CountryGirl72
    CountryGirl72
    Ask for a wheelchair. They will call ahead and let your next flight know they r on the way with u so u don't miss your flights. Also, they push u there so u won't have to try to run or walk fast. Good luck to you!
  10. robhall
    robhall
    weelchair will do just let them know you had surgery and they will help you