Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

rate of weightloss for low bmi

1. jesslovesharry
    jesslovesharry
    Does anyone have any idea what our weight loss rate should be?
  2. slim_again
    slim_again
    Hi Jess, I don't think there's a one size fits all answer to this question. I've seen many sleevers post results of about 10 lbs/month along with frequent stalls for up to 2 1/2 weeks. The quickest losers seem to hit the gym a lot. I found a thread on another forum where low him-ers discussed how much they lost and in what timeframe. Gastric Sleeve Surgery Date Set.....low Bmi - Self-Pay & Mexico Vertical Sleeve Surgery (NEW FORUM!) - Gastric Sleeve Surgery Forum It's funny, there's a post on that thread from a 'Nance Higgs', she's got the same starting weight as me (2lb + difference at 207-I'm 205), 9 days difference in sleeve surgery date (Jan 10, 2012 mine Jan 19) and the very same goals. She was down 52 lbs by June to 155. I would be SO grateful if I could be down this much by spring. It's great to get down that much before spring. That's 10 lbs/month! I'm so excited, let the weight loss begin!

I'll be taking fish oil omega3/6/9 supplements along with PregVit a really great multi vitamin that you can get through prescription here in Canada. It has extra iron and folate to prevent hair loss. Along with liquid B12, D, and liquid calcium. For those that say you don't need supplements, loosing your hair is a sign of malnutrition and stress. Supplements especially omega fish oils help your body del with that stress.
  3. DeliciousD
    DeliciousD
    How are you feeling? And how are the incisions

Hope all is well
  4. slim_again
    slim_again
    Hi, incisions are still visible but fading quickly and i'm down 20 lbs, a little less than 5 weeks after surgery. Another 10 lbs and i'm half way to my goal! I've been skiing almost every weekend, core class every Tuesday/Thursday, i walk 1/2 hour mon-friday and i do the gym 1-2 times/week. I find as soon as i add more carbs to my diet the weight loss slows or stalls. I have to be really careful to keep carbs out of my diet.
  5. DeliciousD
    DeliciousD
    Wow thank you for the update so you didn't suffer severe
    Low energy ? I'm living through your posts thank you
  6. leslievg36
    leslievg36
    Hi all, I was sleeved may 6th 2012. I now weigh 194 34 lbs lost less then a month post op. Many cchallenges low energy difficulty getting in daily protein or eating at all this has just started recently my bmi when I had surgery 34. I am still in early June ohases its great to see my weigjt loss difficult to deal with physical issues . Im sure it will improve any suggestions would be helpful
  7. gregorygirl
    gregorygirl
    I've been stuck at 185 since Christmas. Guess the answer is exercise right?