Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

gallbladder question.

1. amayzme
    amayzme
    My surgery is in a few weeks and i was wondering if the gall bladder should be removed at the same time as the sleeve is done? I am healthy outside of needing an apap machine. have never had a problem with gall stones at all. but have read that rapid weight loss can bring them on. anyone have an opinion on this question? Yay or nay?
  2. east928
    east928
    I hadn't heard of that, but I did have something done to a small hernia in my throat that causes heartburn. Does your doctor check for that too?
  3. LtWeight
    LtWeight
    I don't know that they would take out a gallbladder if it is healthy. I am going in on Thursday for an abdominal ultrasound to rule out gallbladder problems. I have never had any issues before and I'm now a little over 4 months post-op. Hope it isn't gallbladder but we shall see.
  4. amayzme
    amayzme
    Thanks for the reply. i asked the staff and was told that often with quick weight loss the gall blatter will create stones and it is a good plan to remove the gall bladder at the same time as the sleeve is done.
  5. ajens
    ajens
    Well I guess I'm ahead of the game because I had to have my gallbladder out in October due to it not functioning. LOL
    Definately a good idea to go ahead and check in to it. That way if it is necessary then it can be done all at the same time.