Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Dr.Op

1. Pbran21
    Pbran21
    went to the DR today down 36lbs surg was Dec 3rd. Don't know why but I thought the loss would be faster. The Dr told me I am doing good.but I am getting 800 to 1000 cal she said I need to up that a little.

Have a good night all
  2. Shadowgal
    Shadowgal
    I had my surgery on December 4th and I am down 36 lbs. I've been worried about not getting enough protein (mostly because I've been slacking off on the shakes....it's too damn cold here in Michigan to drink those all day ) If the doctor says to up your calories, then that's probably what you need to do. I hear the weight WILL come off...just not all at once. Best of luck to you and the rest of us on this journey!
  3. Sk9801
    Sk9801
    I am so curious as to how many calories we should be eating and at what point do we up them? Everything I have read says at this point (6 weeks post OP) I should be eating around 600 calories, and that is what I am doing, but then I read others like yourself say their doctor says more calories. So.....I'm curious, what has others doctors told them? :-)
  4. Tanrn1
    Tanrn1
    I am 6 weeks out surgery was December 9 n I'm just getting to 600 cal down 30 pounds but I m mastering the 60g of protein! So ready to get back to gym but nervous about how I will feel with much less food! Any of you on fitness pal maybe we can help each other out or get ideas. My id is tanrn1
  5. Tanrn1
    Tanrn1
    Oh remember we gotta eat to get our bodies out of starvation mode
  6. carol66
    carol66
    I am getting between 700 and 900 calories a day and have been going to the gym for the last 4 weeks, surgery date was 12/19, I am down 20 lbs but have not lost a pound in almost 2 weeks! Getting very frustrated and confused about how much calories I should be taking in also, I am on fit pal also, bossy2at. I am very curious how are you getting 60 grams of protein? I only come that close when I drink isopure, a bottle a day.
  7. nolonger
    nolonger
    I am down 26 lbs since my 12/12/13 surgery. I too am frustrated with the slow loss the last few weeks. I had a two week stall in there while my body was adjusting. I do have a lower BMI but jeezzz. I am getting in all my protein - tracking on myfitnesspal as kschike. I use the syntax nectar tea flavor to help get in protein as well as the proti-diet hot cocoa mix....I LOVE IT!! My teenagers love it too and in this cold weather it is nice to have cocoa. you can also add a scoop to coffee. It's 13g protein and 90 calories. I am still doing one protein shake per day that I make with a vanilla powder. It helps keep me full. I started working out on treadmill a week after surgery then worked up to elliptical after 3 weeks....not cleared yet to do more. I'm also keeping calories to about 700 even on workout days....I may call my nut today for an appt. just to check in. At least the scale continues to go down....I'm liking the way I feel and look. All good.
  8. mrevie
    mrevie
    Hi all. I had surgery Dec 31st and am down 15 lbs. I eat about 1200 Cal per day, but I'm already working out hard (spin class & hiking) so I think I need that much. It looks like we all have different calorie amounts, but we're all losing and that's great news! Good luck!
  9. mrevie
    mrevie
    Oh...and I'm mrevie on myfitnesspal.com
  10. Barbsbc
    Barbsbc
    I am down 29 lbs since my surgery Dec 3, 2013 I also started with a lower BMI. I also had a stall for the last two weeks but hoped on the scale today and was down 2 lbs. Yippee... Protien shakes well I try and get at least one in a day.
  11. Peggy in NM
    Peggy in NM
    Wow! Congrats on the weight loss, everyone!

I was sleeved on December 3 and have lost 24 pounds. I started with a BMI of 35. I too experienced a one week stall in loss last week, so I started eating more and started losing again this week. I wish I had the willpower to only weigh once a week!! I"m still choking down a protein shake everyday. I"m worried about getting in the full amount of protein. I can only eat tiny amounts, like 3 bites of a boiled chicken tender, half a scrambled egg or 1/3 can of tuna at one sitting, so I try to eat more often. I can eat a 5 oz. greek yogurt over about an hour's time. I will lick a tablespoon of peanut butter for a snack because it melts in my mouth and I don't have to worry about it hurting going down. Peanut butter is high in protein. My doc doesn't recommend it because of the high fat content, but i figure I'm eating so little of anything else. I don't really feel hunger, and mostly eat according to the clock or when I start feeling really tired and realize I haven't eaten in hours. The perpetual burping has finally subsided, thank goodness!

The multivitamins are hard to keep down, so I take them right before I fall asleep. I have a hard time drinking cold water, and have found hot tea to be very easy to drink and soothing. I started exercising last week. I'm brisk walking for 45 minutes on an incline 3 times a week and lifting light weights on the other days.

I feel like my weight loss is slow, and then I remind myself that I was on weight watchers for a whole year and only lost 17 pounds. I have also lost lots of inches- 6 inches in my waist alone. I went from a size 18 slacks to 12 comfortably. I no longer have pain in my feet, knees or hips. I'm not sure if it's due to the weight loss or refraining from fried foods, red meat and/or gluten. But I'm very happy about that. My hubby says I'm exaggerating, but I think that my face looks older and shows more wrinkles. Small price to pay for much better health!

I haven't found a good method for counting calories to ensure I get enough in daily. Any suggestions?
  12. Tanrn1
    Tanrn1
    I'm sorry guys my id on fitness pal is ChocFact22
  13. Tanrn1
    Tanrn1
    Those who gave your id I just friended you sorry for my mistake
  14. Pbran21
    Pbran21
    My DR, said cal should be around 1200 a day. I still drink the shakes every day to get the protein in. just was cleared to go to gym. but omg it is so cold out.

fitness pal Pbran21