Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Sleevless

1. TrikeLady
    TrikeLady
    Hi All
    I am looking forward to having a sleeve done April 10th of 2012. I am excited about having it done. Just a little apprehencive. I too am having it done in Mexico. In the US it cost up to 4 times the amount. My husband is going with me. We plan on making it a part of our two week vacation. The tail end of course. It is good to talk to people over 50 who have had this done. I welcome any imput.
    In 106 days I will no longer be sleevless.
  2. Msvetrn
    Welcome to the Group and Congratulations on your decision to have the sleeve! I went to Mexico for my surgery and everything went well. Keep us posted!
  3. Cherylin LB
    Cherylin LB
    I am in my 60's and had a wonderfull experience in Mexico. I had no post-op pain, or nausea. Follow your doctor's post-op orders carefully and walk, walk, walk. You will be fine.
  4. TucsonAmy
    TucsonAmy
    Hi there. I am 65 and had the sleeve done in Mexico with Dr. Aceves. I had no problems afterwards and am doing well now that i'm five weeks out. you will do fine! good luck on the wait!
  5. Mick
    Mick
    Glad to see some of you are in your 60s. I am 63 and I was worried about having complications due to me age.
    I will finish my Kaiser Options classes Jan 3rd. I have had all my tests done and everything looked good so my next step should be a consultation with the doctor. I have only lost 3-4 lbs but I heard that everyone will be required to go on a two week liquid diet before the surgery so I am hoping to lose whatever I need to lose for the surgery with that.
  6. T-Bird
    T-Bird
    I am having the sleeve done tomorrow. I'm 55 yrs old. all looks well, but I have comorbidities that really make me want to get this done. I'll let you know how it goes. I am having mine at Kaiser in California. So far it has all gone well and I haven't had any road blocks once I was referred to the program. The hardest thing was getting my PCP to refer me! once she did, I was on my way. No one else had any hesitation about it in the bariatric dept. Good luck to you.
  7. dreamydeb
    dreamydeb
    hi im debby . i have yet tohave my surgery .im 51 with high bp and weigh 214. im having trouble keeping to the suggested dirt . also im having mine done in ny through medicaid fidelis. dont see any posts from anyone who has done in ny or had my surgeon dr weiss in middletown ny . would love to hear from anyone .
  8. Barbg
    Barbg
    Hi I am Barb Having surgery next month Wondered if anyone Had surgery done with Dr t Bass in fl? He 's been great and office is very helpful and understanding Glad to be in this group!!