Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Week 9 - time for real world foods

1. Thinkfabian
    Thinkfabian
    Hey guys my name is Andre

As you can see I was sleeved by dr.taylor on the 23rd of September and have now lost around 27 kilos!

Good things
    My clothes is all fitting again. Jeans I never even tried on before are now loose. People at work have been noticing the change especially the ladies which I'm so not used to! My face has shrunk and it looks like I won't be having too much hanging skin. I coupled y weightless with a new haircut and I felt like I was at the finale of the biggest loser. Overall it's been an amazing journey

Bad things
    Let's face it we all got the way we did because of our unhealthy relationship with food. She's like a really evil ex-who won't just let you move on tempting you every day! Grrr. Trouble is I love eating. And Not just The food but The social aspect of it. Sitting down having a drink and a nice meal. Now with my tiny stomach I'm sitting at the dinner table at a lovely restaurant and I get incredibly frustrated at not being able to enjoy myself! I'm just being honest here. I work at a radio station and there's always drinks all around and now I've had to ostracise myself from everyone as I'm not able to have a drink, have coffee, or eat - what's left smoking? Not about to start that!
    I did this for all the right reason and I'm not regretting
    it (yet!) but is such a shame that you have to give up so much of something that you love for a chance at normality really.

I did had a question amongst all this ranting

What type of fast foods are we allowed to have? In Australia we have oportos, hungry jacks, Maccas , or even Mexican - but if someone out there has worked out a few - quick and easy out and about
    Snack joints that won't harm our sleev that would be awesome

Kind regards
    Andre
  2. susan_b
    susan_b
    Any cafe' or restaurant that will serve you entree or kids meals. I have an ID card from the Surgeon that identifies me as a Bariatric patient and requests that they consider offering smaller serves or kids meals. Some will. Some wont. If they don't I leave lol I find that spitting a meal with a friend also works well because I eat so little. HJ's Maca's etc serves still too large for me and I have problems with bread so avoid any other than whole grain. Japanese take away good as they have lots of single serve food to choose from. Sushi if you like it is great... eat some and keep some for later. Congratulations on your fabulous weight loss! Good luck with the rest of your journey. Susan
  3. Adele
    Adele
    Thanks for post - I am 4 weeks out and already feeling the same frustrations i.e. will I ever be able to eat (albeit small amounts) normally again? On the weekend I tried a small amount of soft food e.g. salmon & tuna but was unable to keep it down. Regards to dinning out and being social, yes it very hard situation. After all, this time of year in Australia, soups are not really on the menu! I would love to hear from you guys regarding your timeframe when you were able to eat without the food needing to be soft or pureed.
  4. Thinkfabian
    Thinkfabian
    Well this might help

I found that towards the end of week 5 i started experimenting with some foods. Chinese. Dumplings, rice paper rolls, they worked. Bread and doughy foods did not agreed with me.

Last night was my company's Christmas party and I hadn't had any alcohol since the surgery on the 23rd if September. It was an open bar so I went hard on the vodkas cranberry - I paid for it later on and still as I'm typing this message. I spent all night curled up by he loo throwing up everything - and all day today I've had the runs down the other end (sorry TMI)

So the motto of the story is 0 alcohol this Christmas or pay the consequences.

I'd love to hear from anyone that has been able to keep losing weight and managed to maintain some kind of social life. Drinks and dinners out.
  5. Adele
    Adele
    Yes, me too - it would really help to get some advice / info from people who have been sleeved for some time. Would be appreciated - thanks.
  6. Mcmegz
    Mcmegz
    Hi guys.. we r all in the same vote.
    I just went on a 3 week holiday to darwin.
    Its hot there n all u want is a beer...
    (All my family r unhealthy and they drink)
    I got sleeved on 19/11/13
    I did try a beer it took me ages to drink it and couldn't get drunk or enjoyed it.
    What i drank was double vodka shot in like a strawberry dacary cocktail
    And if i did have any type of fizzy id try make it a bit flat.
    I also had jelly shots.
    Only drunk 3 times in 3 weeks...
    As for the dinner we did go to a buffet..( worst nightmare EVER)
    I just stuck to the fruit and soft eggs things like that..
    One late night they went threw macas. I had 1 nugget but ripped off the outside bits and just dunked it in
    The sauce that worked.
    Really shouldnt recommend it but hey it was christmas lol