Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

is there anything for my husband to do while i'm in the hospital?

1. dmeredith
    dmeredith
    I am planning on having surgery in Tijuana in mid March (at the MI Hospital thru A Lighter Me). I am planning on bringing my husband with me. Is there anything for him to do instead of just sitting with me the whole time? Is there a comfortable bed for him to sleep in at the hospital while I'm there? Is there someplace fairly close he can go for food, beer or to shop? If anyone brought someone with - what did they do while you were in the hospital?
    Thanks
    Dana
  2. knip_toh
    knip_toh
    Good morning! My mom came with me, they put us in a room with two hospital beds, very comfy so he won't be on a lousy short couch like in the US! There is a store called Oxo around the corner, I would recommend him pack his favorite snacks. There was a husband/wife couple there and the husband chose to stay at the Marriott - which is FABULOUS! He stays with his wife during the day and returns back to the Marriott. He will need a lot of ones and fives because the cafe and Oxo do not gave enough US dollars to make change, only pesos. Orlando, Eduardo, and Abraham are awesome. My mom wasn't able to get anything to eat at the hospital because they close early on weekends and all she had was a $20, Orlando came to the hospital, picked her up and took her to get her something to eat! ALighterMe is exceptional! Feel free to contact me....I am 3 days post op and feel great!
  3. Kindle
    Kindle
    So are you in the hospital the whole time you are there? I was only there for one night and then went back to the Marriot with my sister. We walked to the Walmart Plaza several times (there's a Starbucks there that she is addicted too ). We hung out by the pool. Read books, watched movies in the room, went out to eat in the evening. (Well, I watched her eat) On the second day we had the driver take us to the Revolucion market area for shopping. Not sure what your postop protocol allows.
  4. Kindle
    Kindle
    Sorry, just reread and saw you will be at Mi Hospital. I was at OCC, so I don't know that any of my suggestions would apply. Good luck with everything!
  5. knip_toh
    knip_toh
    Alighterme patients are in the hospital 2 nights then Marriott 2 nights.