Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Insurance may delay my surgery!

1. Yomi Yomi
    Yomi Yomi
    The insurance agent from the hospital I will have my surgery called and said BCBS may delay or not pay for my surgery! I am so disappointed. She said the reason why is because I have a secondary insurance, HAP. The insurance agent said I could not decide which insurance was primary or secondary, the insurance companies get to decide among themselves. I called both insurances and now I think HAP is considered primary so a new claim must be opened with them to approve my surgery! I am so confused. Can someone give me some advice please?
  2. dq1
    dq1
    Hang in there hun...hopefull the approval process will be quick.
  3. Cynthasia
    Cynthasia
    Call both insurance companies and ask them which rule they have in place for coordination of benefits and how it works as both will have to approve the procedure if the other is to pick up any additional cost not covered by the primary. If HAPS has BCBS listed as the primary request them to fax a copy to the approval department as well as the coordinator of benefit so you will not have any future issues and also have them mail you a copy for your records