Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Public Patient Timeline…

1. StoneColdFoxx
    StoneColdFoxx
    (Victoria Australia).

I’m on the public waiting list and just attended the information day… I wasn’t brave enough to asked questions in a group setting… but I’m wondering how long after the information day did you start your assessments (and how far apart was all three)…
    I’ve been told the waiting list is about three years… but I have a feeling I’ll get in a lot quicker then that…
    Thanks for reading,

Foxx.
  2. ninaricci46
    ninaricci46
    Congrats on your big step. I looked at the public waiting list and decided to pay my way and flew out and had it done in Mexico. All, incl flights worked out under $8k. There is a surgeon in Woolongong, i think that does it for under $5k. Might be worth your while to explore other ways than to wait for the public list.....
  3. aussiemum
    aussiemum
    I was on the waiting list at John Hunter Hospital in Newcastle. I was told about 8 months wait. 18months later I paid into a private health fund which took 12 months to mature. I had my surgery in February. I was still waiting on the public waiting list until I removed myself last month. I really recommend going for health insurance and going the private hospital route. That gave me a year to save the rest of out of pocket I needed, just over $4000. Don't be afraid to ask any practitioner you see if they will bulk bill. They can only say no! I am 44 and have never had private health insurance and for top cover I pay $128 month. Good luck and I hope things work out well.
  4. StoneColdFoxx
    StoneColdFoxx
    quick update: 1st Pre Admission Clinic: Nurse and Dietitian was on the 22nd of November… roughly six months… so one clinic down, two to go…
  5. Beckles
    Beckles
    Really???? It's on the public wait list. I was told it is not covered by Medicare at all.