Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Surgery on Mon, 12/30 went well

1. mrsdawg73
    mrsdawg73
    The dr was very pleased with my pre-surgical progress. Went into the OR shortly after 2 pm, procedure only took 2 hrs...felt good in recovery but of course, very groggy. At 8 pm, I was up doing my first walk about around the floor. Dr instructed staff to get me up to walk every 4 hrs...even during the night. Did the breathing exercises to help get the anesthesia out of my lungs and walked a lot on my own. Did my leak test 1 day post op and all was good so the dr put me right on the full liquid diet. Kept hitting the pain pump to keep the pain under control and so I could keep moving. I was discharged early Weds afternoon after meeting again with the dr and the nutritionist to go over the 1st 2 weeks of liquids.

Feeling pretty good, but have to admit, the amount of fluid intake is very daunting. I'm basically drinking every 15 mins the entire time I'm awake. Getting a lot of belly grumbling so I will start on the gas x strips tonight.

The most thrilling part so far for me has been being told to stop taking the diuretic med I took in conjunction with my BP meds. Also, the dose of my BP med has been cut in 1/2. I was told to watch my BP and if it gets too low or I feel dizzy, I should stop the BP meds completely!!! Yeah! I knew this would turn things around quickly, but didn't expect this so fast!!
  2. justwannabnormal
    justwannabnormal
    Congrats and welcome to the other side. Don't overdo it-take things easy. Best of luck.
  3. Poji
    Poji
    Awesome!
  4. Kellyjo140
    Kellyjo140
    Awesome!!!!
  5. saehtex
    saehtex
    I was sleeved on 12/30/13 also! I also had a pretty involved haitial hernia repair. I walked as soon as I was allowed and think that made all the difference in my recovery. I have had very little gas pain issues. I came home on wednesday and have slept in my recliner the past two nights. I did this also to be farther away from the bathroom so I would get a walk in each time. I am still taking lortab liquid about twice a day for pain. I started the oomeprezole today. I emptied the capsule into a med cup and then placed on my tongue and washed down with flavored water. I am off my bp med and have not taken my amitryptiline either. I am afraid to swallow it. I need to research whether I can crush it or not. I am doing little things around the house and tomorrow I am running errands with my husband. I am on clear liquids until my post op appt next thursday. I am doing bettet with intake but still have a long way to go. SF pops have been my lifesaver! So happy to share this big day with you!
  6. Cndgins
    Cndgins
    Congrats glad to hear all is well
  7. labratmd73
    labratmd73
    I was sleeved 12/31 & came home yesterday. Pain is manageable, but there. I also had the hernia repair. Gas is not my friend, but keeping moving & hydrated is my full time job. Best to all of us.