Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Craving sweets still? HELP

1. butterfly2013
    butterfly2013
    Since I've been on solid pureed foods, I've been cravings sweets so bad. Maybe it's the time of year bc I've been to several family functions where there is pies, cakes, and cookies everywhere. I've bought candy for my kids stocking and wished I could eat one piece. Last night I got up at 3 am just to eat the cream out of 5 oreos...well it's mushy so should be alright I thought. Well it made me so sick that you would think that would have cured my desire to eat sweets but no. I was just thinking maybe next time I won't eat 5 just 2 or 3 creams of oreos. I don't want to sabotage myself. I used will to stay on liquid diet pre-op. WHY can't I use my will power right now? Help. Has anyone else been having this problem.

PS> some of my protein shakes are so sicking sweet that its hard to get them all done...this should hi the sweet spot but, it's not.
  2. Truebody
    Truebody
    Why not try sweetened tea using honey. I know that shortly after the operation my surgeon indicated that I would most likely crave sweet things. He said to indulge it, but sensibly. So I had milky weak coffee, banana smoothies, that type of thing. I didn't need much to satisfy the urge. In fact I found sweet things too intense and still do. At least with tea you are getting fluids and good nutrition from the honey at the same time. Much better than the processed rubbish out of an Oreo.
  3. Tlwmomof4
    Tlwmomof4
    I'm 6 months out, I have a weakness for sweets. I don't really care too much about other carbs, like bread, pasta, rice. But candy and cookie are another story. I am making a goal to work on my protein. When I have it first there is no room for anything else. It is all part of the voyage.