Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Saving my money for the sleeve

1. Gigi3030
    Gigi3030
    I am saving my money to save my life. Anyway that is how I feel. I work,come home and sit.No energy. At 5 ft and 200 lbs I am embarassed to go socialize.Everyone's blog and pics have been inspirational. I plan to go to Tijuana for surgery but not scheduled yet.
    How long did you have to wait for surgery?
  2. Magwe
    Magwe
    I'm 5ft 2 in and ws 207. So I can relate. I'm going to be 60 at my next birthday. I thought, do I really want to spend the rest of my life like this? I had the sleeve Nov 11 and am down 20 lb. I already feel so much better. I went through A Lighter Me. They were great, Mi Doctor hospital was great. I wish you the best of luck. There is a brighter future out there for you. I think my wt loss is slower than other people's because I started out about 100 lb less than a lot of other people. But it doesn't matter. I'm eating less and losing weight and that's all that matters.
  3. Magwe
    Magwe
    To answer your question, if you go through A Lighter Me there is no waiting period. You can schedule it when ever you want. I had Dr.Ortiz. Initially when I brought up the idea to friends I got a lot of negative reactions. So I stopped talking about it and only told my sister who went with me. Now those same people are happy for me since they can see the results.
  4. readytochangemylife
    readytochangemylife
    I am 5' and began at 291.5 on Oct 16th, and I am down to 250.5 as of Friday, Dec 20th. I couldn't go to Mexico to have surgery. I instead found a wonderful program in Mobile Al, just 3 hours from where I live. My total cash pay price was $11,900 which included everything, including BLISS insurance.
    I did have to pay $127 for the first appointment with my fantastic surgeon.
  5. Gigi3030
    Gigi3030
    Thanks everyone. I love this site. I feel like I have people that know from experience.