Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

frustrated

1. cab0ad
    cab0ad
    I am so frustrated! I had my first appt today with Kowalski (love him) but I am frustrated with the time frame for all of the necessary appointments! I wanted to get my surgery in March on the week of the 12th. I tried getting in in the middle of January for my first appointment but they wouldn't let me until I did the seminar...first one available was Feb. 6th and they said not to worry because self pay surgeries were usually 4-6 weeks from the seminar date. Okay. no problem, still time to get March sleeve date. today I went and Kowalski tells me he can probably get everything done in time for March 13th but I had to make sure i saw nutritionist and psych next week in order to get everything in on time. got my egd scheduled for the day after tomorrow. he told me to start my protien shake diet on Friday.
  2. cab0ad
    cab0ad
    WELL....

Dr. sabapathy doesn't have any openings until MARCH 20th!!!! That is a month away from now and a week after I really needed to schedule surgery! so I can't get my surgery for an extra month because of the psych?! I am very upset about this. maybe if he is so busy they need to look into another psych on staff! Will obviously be AT LEAST 2 more weeks from psych visit putting me at least a week into april, probably more since after psych visit I won't magically have a surgery date 2 weeks after. that puts the advertised 4-6 week waiting period all the way up to at least 8-10 weeks realistically. Such a disappointment! What is up with this? i tried calling and getting an appointment with sabapathy weeks ago and they refused until after I went to this first appt.

Has anyone else had the same problems with the timeline of getting things done?
  3. jenschmitt
    jenschmitt
    I didn't have any problems getting things scheduled with Dr. Sabapathy, but I do believe that he is taking a vaction in March, so that might be why it's taking so long. Take the March 20th date, and they may have an earlier spot open up. That did happen for me. And it may not be 8-10 weeks. After your psych eval, you're ready to go. For me they scheduled my surgery, and then I saw Kowalski again a week after starting my diet. It'll all work out, I know the waiting game can be frustrating, but it is definitely worth it in the end.
  4. Hollie
    Hollie
    It will happen that is what you need to focus on I hope they get you in as soon as they can, sorry your are so frustrated.