Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Introduction

1. freedomgirl
    freedomgirl
    Hello everyone,

I just want to introduce myself to the group. Had my surgery on the 18th and so far I am doing well. I just have a bad headache and a little stomach pain when I drink water. But overall I doing well.
  2. dwhalen
    dwhalen
    Welcome to the forum freedom girl. I had mine on the 2nd. I am doing well too. A few bumps. I am starting to eat pureed foods and I am not very good at eating slowly with that small amount and suddenly I am full! I need to work on that! Take care and I hope the headaches and stomach pains go away. The headaches and stomach pain might be just because you are still recovering from surgery, but make sure to call your support people if you start to get concerned. I had to call mine and they were very helpful and really emphasized to call with anything that concerned me. Take care.
  3. kaotto1502
    kaotto1502
    Welcome. I was just sleeved on 12/3. I'm in the puréed stage too. I can only eat about 4 bites before I start feeling sick. My problem is trying to get in enough liquids. No drink 30 minutes before or after food, and with 6 meals a day (at only about 4 bites each), that's not much time for drink.
    We'll figure it out. This is the best thing I've ever done for myself. :-)
  4. carlcarrott
    carlcarrott
    Had my Sleeve on the 18th. Dr Cortez of Healthy Steps in Santa Rosa, Ca. Little sore but feeling pretty good on my 3 day post op. Good luck all.
  5. Peggy in NM
    Peggy in NM
    Welcome. I was sleeved on 12/3 and today, 17 days later, is the first day I feel like my body is my own. All this time, it felt like an alien body. I also felt pressure in my chest between my breasts, but my doc assured me this is normal! I''ve graduated to soft foods chewed to mush. I had half of a poached egg for breakfast and felt totally stuffed. I had half a Greek yogurt for snack. I had about 4 bites of rotisserie chicken cut into tiny pieces and 1/4 cooked carrot for lunch. I'm sure that that I will have to keep taking those nasty protein shakes to get enough protein in. I also find it difficult to not drink while eating. My doc said it will all feel normal by my 3 month post-op appt. I'm happy with my weight loss so far and especially all of the inches lost.
  6. justwannabnormal
    justwannabnormal
    Welcome. I was sleeved on Dec 10. Had my first check up today and feel awesome. On the 23rd I get to transition to pureed food...yippee! LOL. I've lost 20 pounds so far. I, too, have a problem getting all the liquids in. Meds are gross crushed...can't wait to be able to swallow the pills. The only problem I have so far is whenever I hiccup or cough, my left shoulder hurts like heck. Keep looking at the bigger picture. I worry about the first 'real' bite. Best of luck to you all!
  7. Flm59
    Flm59
    Hi and welcome. I was sleeved on the 10th also and am on full liquids. I start pureed on the 29th. I look forward to that.
  8. Bohannon
    Bohannon
    Hello everyone, I was sleeved on Dec 19. I still have pains in my stomach when I try to drink, but I guess this is normal going from band to sleeve in one surgery. I think I am adjusting quite well. Tonight is the first night that I sleep in my bed. I have been sleeping in the lazyboy because my bed is so high. I look forward to learning from everyone and just having some place to go when I have questions.