Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

protien

1. Pbran21
    Pbran21
    how long after surg do you have to drink shakes
  2. Cndgins
    Cndgins
    It will depend on your doctors specific instructions. Mine was clear liquids for 7 days once I was off the IV so I used a ready to drink Protien called Protien ice it had 42 gr in 20 ounces. Just started my 2 weeks of full liquids which includes shakes.
  3. nolonger
    nolonger
    My doctor started me on protein drinks day 3 post op - which was yesterday. After a couple sips - it didn't sit well so I resorted back to cream of wheat with a little protein powder added. Every doctor is so different.
  4. Erics
    Erics
    I had my first protein drink on the day after surgery. I had to have an xray to see if there were any leaks, then i was ok'd to sip water and that evening I had my protein. I was on protein for about a week then went to the puree diet. I am on my 2nd week of pureed food and its not bad. I havent really pureed to much I more or less cut everything really small and mash carrots or potatoes. I seem to be doing better because I don't get nausea as easily. My only problem is being tired all the time. After a meal I am ready for a nap!!
  5. jacksonsdad
    jacksonsdad
    Every doctor is different. They brought me a protein drink the morning after surgery while still in the hospital. Follow your doctors instructions.