Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Calories

1. mxc2sls
    mxc2sls
    I had my surgery on 12/10/13 and am doing good for 4 days out. I am drinking 3 shakes that give me enough protein and 200 calories each. I am adding 4 oz. of broth a couple times per day. I am getting in almost all of my liquids but jello, pudding and applesauce cause me to get nauseous. Am I getting enough calories per day ?
  2. Forestgalice
    Forestgalice
    you are doing great for only a few days! believe me, protein drinks are your friend in those early days.
  3. drea29
    drea29
    Protein and fluids are best to focus on. Don't worry about your calories at this point. They are probably super low. With time they will increase. Glad you are doing so well 4 days post op.
  4. mxc2sls
    mxc2sls
    Thank you so much, Forestgalice and Drea, for the wonderful information. I don't know what I would do without the information and great support I get from this site. Again, thank you all so much !
  5. karen p
    karen p
    Conratulations on your progress ! You are doing great. Just stay away from the things that make you nauseous for a few days. You can always try them again. Keep up the good work.
  6. karen p
    karen p
    Forgot to ask if you are able to take your vitamins? I am on two multi-vitamins per day. Those are important, but if you can't take them for a few days I wouldn't worry.
  7. mxc2sls
    mxc2sls
    Thanks Karen ! I can't start my vitamins until two weeks out.