Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

last appt with surgeon today and now possible issues with insurance

1. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    I had my last appt with the surgeon before they submit everything to the insurance. Now i get a call from the pre cert dept saying that now even though i did the 6 mos medically supervised weight loss my bmi is now under the insurance requirement which is a bmi of 50 its 49.2 so now ive been through the past 6 mos paying copays and doing what im supposed to do and now i wonder if its for nothing. I was really wanting this surgery to get healthy but now i may be facing the possibility of self pay which i dont have the resources or qualify for financing for. Im not very happy about this and im praying that something will go through.
  2. Bigredrn76
    Bigredrn76
    Oh no!!! Sorry to hear
  3. bmm35
    bmm35
    So sorry to hear that. On a brighter side you have done well with your program. Best of luck.
  4. Weesie40
    Weesie40
    I am sure it will go thru. Your insurance company will look at the whole picture and not deny for 0.8 especially since they required the diet. Have faith it will be ok
  5. Isweet64
    Isweet64
    They always like to see progress so it should be OK once they review everything.. keep the faith n good luck!!!
  6. Diamondndu
    Diamondndu
    I have the same issue. My insurance is Cigna and what a run around. I have been working on getting the sleeve since March. They keep coming up with new reasons to deny me, but I WILL KEEP FIGHTING!
  7. rxtech932002
    rxtech932002
    I got a call and was basically denied because my bmi went down by 2 points so now they fixed it to where I go for another weight check in jan and basically told me without saying it that in order for me to be approved for surgery I would have to gain 6 of the 16.5 lbs I lost which totally sucks and the dr wasn't too happy as well stating that the insurance bmi requirement was too high and a person in my situation that's had 2 heart attacks, diabetes, open heart surgery and congestive heart that meets medical necessity but doesn't meet the bmi after my weight loss. I was told most insurances they had worked with used starting bmi and the insurance I have which is anthem bcbs but through my husbands health and welfare fund through his union was the only one that had that outrageous bmi requirement and even the people at the insurance office thought its a crazy requirement but its the powers that be at the union that states the bmi requirement. Because of the confusion with my insurance I now have to possibly wait till jan to have surgery and now pay 600-700 cause the deductible starts again and now figure out how to come up with the money especially since my hubby and I both have very poor credit and im on a disability income. Im not to happy about having to gain 6 lbs to be approved for surgery but on the plus side my hubby can take vacation time during my surgery to help out at least. My weight fluctuates anyway where I have congestive heart failure and I have to keep track of how much I gain due to fluid and have to weigh myself everyday. Which the scale isn't my friend anyway and would rather keep track of my weight loss through my clothes. I will keep you guys posted, I could really use the support right now