Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

1. Dpb
    Dpb
    I've just joined this group and wanted to say hi to everyone. I had my sleeve this past Monday 12/2. So far all is good. I have not had any problems with nausea which I was dreading. The first day or two was uncomfortable but not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Dpb
  2. Bigredrn76
    Bigredrn76
    Welcome!!!! You are the beginning of the month and I'll be bringing up the rear 12/31. Looking forward to hearing about your journey
  3. justwannabnormal
    justwannabnormal
    Welcome and Congratulations! My surgery is Tuesday, Dec. 10. Can't wait and thanks for the helpful info. Good Luck to you.
  4. FormerlyKnownAsFatEmily
    FormerlyKnownAsFatEmily
    Congrats Dpb! I am hoping that since your experience is still so fresh in your mind, you might offer those of us whose surgeries are days/weeks away some of your observations, tips, pointers, etc. Was there anything you wish you had done before surgery? Or anything that you wish you had brought with you? Hindsight is 20/20!

Thanks!
  5. DS618
    DS618
    Thank you for that! Eased my mind a lil. My surgery is Monday the 9th. Although I was calm and focus all month as I prepared my house and stuff, the last day I became a nervous wreck. The liquid diet is wearing on me and I still have 2 more days before I go.
  6. Weobit
    Weobit
    I am new to this group also Dpb. Congratulations to you and everyone who has had the surgery. I hope you are all well and have not had any complications (My biggest fear). I have heard awful stories about bypass ( I call it the plumbing re-route surgery) and thought that this was the most sensible choice. I am scheduled for 12-30. I am torn about how I feel. I am excited but scared. I have never opted for elective surgery and have had had 2 C-sections (not elective!). I am not on any restricted diet, no food after 8pm the night before. I am just doing more small meals and limited portions. Any and all advise is really welcome. 8-)
  7. Tanrn1
    Tanrn1
    DS618- my surgery Monday too 12/9, I am a nurse I suggest get your toes done n relax n pack up things that will keep you comfortable ! I'm ready to get to table just to say bye to this 2 week diet!
  8. danyella00
    danyella00
    @Emily, Bring your own pillows to the hospital, the hospital bed was the most uncomfortable thing ever!! I had the worst back pain of my life right after surgery that my doctor actually let me go home a day early just so thst i could get some sleep and get comfortable! So bring whatever you need to be comfortable, remember all kinds of tubes and wires might be attached to you making it difficult especially for us side sleepers. I wish i had my body pillow.