Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

SERIOUSLY considering making the big decision

1. BigMac
    BigMac
    Hi everyone,

I have not had the sleeve yet. I'm pushing 300+ (43 BMI) and assume I am experiencing similar problems that everyone else on this site has. The simple task of putting on my socks, always being the "Big guy" in the room or (not to be crude) just trying to wipe my butt without pulling a muscle. I'm embarrassed and hate myself in the body I have created. I've type II diabetes, high BP, high cholesterol and I'm always tired and I overeat. I have a sedentary job rife with stress and am becoming desperate. My insurance sucks and won't cover the sleeve (which is the only one I will consider) so I have been researching Mexico. But frankly I have a great deal of reservations with having surgery in Mexico. Honestly, Mexico and surgery sound like oil and water to me for reasons that any American would deduce. Any words of wisdom, advise, comments or suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Mac
  2. StacyD
    StacyD
    Hi Mac. I just read your post and wanted to answer. I don't know of anyone one here or who has ever had this surgery that isn't doing for a more healthy life foremost. I'm not sure about Mexico - but there are a ton of people here who have had it done in Mexico and their results are amazing. Gear yourself to speak with them. Tell them your concerns and they will be able to give you information about their experience and what they had to do to get it done.
    I wish you much luck in this journey towards a healthy life.