Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hey

1. Jeanie
    Jeanie
    Live in alabaster here and having my surgery 4/5/2013. Very excited, any suggestions, or advice appreciated!
  2. kayvon
    kayvon
    Welcome! This is a great forum with lots of helpful information. You will find that you can ask questions and get answers from those who are making the WLS journey. I live in Orange Beach and was sleeved 06.29.2012, I have done real well with no complications. Have lost over 110 lbs. Best thing I have ever done for myself. I started with an exercise program several months before my surgery and it made it easier to maintain exercise program after MD approved to resume exercise. I swim laps 5 days a week and go to the gym for weight lifting 2-3 x week. Take it one day at a time...you will do fine. Best wishes on your WLS journey! Kayvon
  3. sleeveinbama
    sleeveinbama
    Welcome Jeanie!!! I am from a small town south of Demopolis, Al!! I have family that live in Alabaster!! I was sleeved on Aug.13, 2012, by Dr. Andrew Dewitt at Princeton!!! No problems and no pain!!! I have lost 86 lbs in 6 months!! Gone from a size 24 to 12!!!
    Like Kayvon said exercise is important!!! And doing what the doctor tells you also, is very important!!!! There are things that you can do, to get you ready for the surgery, like giving up sodas, eating with small portions, and learning to chew your food very slow!!! And also learning to drink 30 min. before and 30 after meals!!! And nothing to drink with your meal!! Nothing to it!!!!
    Gastricsleeve.com is a wonderful family here!! We are all right there with you!! Either we have been there or are there!! Ask any questions if you want, and even vent!!!
    Best wishes on the new you!!! You will love it!! It is amazing to see the results and discover all the things about yourself, once you start losing!!!
    Keep us posted!!!!!
  4. jwortley
    jwortley
    Hello to Alabama Sleevers, I live in Phenix City and have lost 125 pounds since my journey started in August 2011. I to lost weight prior to my surgery on May 23, 2012. I use to weigh 330 pounds now i am at 205. This is the best decision that i have made for myself next to getting married and having a son. My doctor is from La Grange, Georgia Dr Turton and he and his staff are fantastic. I you would like to email me use wortleyhouse@ctvea.net
    Have a great day,
    Jay Wortley
  5. kmbrlyfree
    kmbrlyfree
    Hello my fellow sleevers. I will be having my surgery on 3/18/2013. Dr Mailapur will be doing my surgery. I am excited but nervous. I start my pre surgery diet tomorrow...i hope i am not tempted to cheat.
  6. Jeanie
    Jeanie
    Thanks for all the welcomes! Good luck kmbrlyfree on you surgery and pre-op diet! Cheating on pre-op is a fear of mine also. I start my diet on 3/22. Let me know how you are doing.
  7. kreid
    kreid
    Hello AL peeps I have not been sleeved yet but will be on 4/15/13. Let me start by saying I am totally freaking myself of out I am eating like I may never get to eat again, is anyone else done/doing this? I feel like I am working against myself here, I know I should be mentally preparing myself, I just feel like I am sabotaging my goals now that I have a surgery date. What is up with me?
  8. bulldog
    bulldog
    Hello everyone. I am new to this site. I am having surgery October 16th. I will be using Dr. Touliatos in Birmingham. I am approved through insurance. I got 9/27 to meet the nutritionist, fitness, and the nurse and do a scope. I am so nervous. Then I go 10/2 for my blood work and pre-op class. I am searching for any information with recipes or information about the pre-op diet, surgery, and post-op. I am nervous but so excited at the same time.
  9. ashley1195
    ashley1195
    Hey guys! My surgery is set for Oct 15th with Dr. Touliatos at Trinity in Bham.
  10. gudgrlal
    gudgrlal
    Good luck everyone!! I had my surgery at St. Vincent's East in Birmingham on Feb. 4th of this year. I've lost 82 lbs so far!! This is something most of you will not regret and we look forward to hearing about each of your journeys!!!
  11. bulldog
    bulldog
    Ashley1195. Your surgery is the day before mine. When do you go to the pre-op class and get your blood work done. Have you met any of the other staff such as the mental health, etc?
  12. blackm36
    blackm36
    Hi everyone!! I am from Ozark, Alabama and had my sleeve done by Dr. Robbins in Dothan, Alabama on Sept 18th 2013. I am down 25 pounds and excited to get healthy again! I have a long journey ahead of me but am ready! Anyone else from my area of Alabama?? I wish all of you the best!! Starting my pureed foods next week -- prayers!!!
  13. slkate
    slkate
    Hi everyone, I live in Smiths Station (that's close to Phenix City) and I am just beginning on this journey. I went to the group info meeting last evening with Dr. Lee Schmitt at St. Vincent's East. I know this is what I want to do. I mad an appt.for Nov. 6 for first consult. Can anyone tell me any way to cut the time for aproval down for BCBS of Alabama/PEEHIP? I would so mucn like to do this right after Christmas. I spoke to the ins. last week and they said I sounded like I would be approved. I have heard of a few people on here who were able to get approved and did not have to do the 6 month stuff. Any help?
  14. luvnicubabies
    luvnicubabies
    I had my surgery in Prattville with Dr. Mora on October 31, 2013. I have lost 15 pounds. I could not get around the six month weigh in with BCBS. So glad they covered, cuz I saw my bill and it was $23000! Whoa. Amazing that I can be satisfied with 500 calories a day. So glad to see some other AL wls folks1