Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Everything is sagging!!

1. gloeygirl66
    gloeygirl66
    I've lost over a 100 pounds this year. Yay for me! On the downside, I look older. I'm not sure that all this sagging skin has anything to do with my age, but my body looks like an old lady!! My DDD boobs are now pancakes and my thighs and stomach are hanging. In my opinion, even my face looks older since my skin is not all stretched out!! Are any of you going through this?
  2. sometingood
    sometingood
    Congrats on the weight loss!!!

I haven't had my surgery yet but am afraid of exactly what you're talking about...
    Are you going to have plastic surgery?
  3. WorkInProgress
    WorkInProgress
    I'm afraid of looking older... I hit 40 and suddenly I have the beginnings of gray hair and those "fine lines" and wrinkles around my eyes. So the idea of everything sagging and making me look even older is not something that I am looking forward to. But what can we do but accept that in order to be healthy we have to be a healthy weight... I think that we will get used to the way we look in time and being "lighter" will become the norm as will how we look. Some turn to plastic surgery and that is their choice. At this point I am not sure one way or the other if I will choose that, I have to see what my body looks like and if I'm happy.
  4. jencc17
    jencc17
    Congrats on the weight loss!This is what I am worried about too! I knew two women who had gastric bypass, 1 had loose skin, especially on her thighs and the other was fine. My dietician recommended to start exercising before even surgury and to use a really good lotion as dry skin can cause problems.

I think it's a 50/50 shot. Too many variables, age, lifestyle, exercise, etc. For now, I'm just worried about the weight but we'll see down the road. Ah well, if it happens, it happens but I will be healthier!
  5. Lisamarie
    Lisamarie
    I am having the same issues. I am starting to look a lot older now that I have loss over 50 lbs. My arms have so much extra skin when I hold them up they look like wings. My neck looks like a turkey neck. I work out and I even work extra hard with a personal trainer 2 times a week and I can't seem to tone things up. I should be happy with the weight loss and being able to wear smaller clothes but I am still covering everything up, because of everything is sagging.
  6. Cindy OK
    Cindy OK
    I agree ... Surgery was best decision for me ... Sagging arms. And stomach. I find myself covering up more now than when I was heavy!! I work out but not seeing results. Debating skin removal surgery or not ... Adding more risks.
    STILL NO REGRETS!!
  7. katesnana
    katesnana
    I'm scheduling my surgery now and I worry abt sagging skin. I think I'll look ok in clothes but what will my husband see? He'll see all my sagging skin and flat boobs. I hope he can handle it.